Accommodation in the Brae area

chaz696021

Don't know if this is the right place to be doing this, but my daughter, partner and baby daughter will be homeless at the end of this month. The council have told them that they will have to find private accommodation at first to be eligible as being homeless. Unfortunately their search has come up with nothing so far. Her partner works in the Brae Hotel and therefore needs to be in the Brae area.

Does anyone know of anybody who can take them in even for a little time. I would do it myself but I live Lerwick and the council will not take them on if they move in with family.

Please pm me if you can give us any hope

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest posiedon
Her partner works in the Brae Hotel and therefore needs to be in the Brae area.

Not being facetious at all here, but couldn't the Brae hotel give them a room short term? They won't be exactly bursting at the seams this time of year.

Don't know if this is the right place to be doing this, but my daughter, partner and baby daughter will be homeless at the end of this month. The council have told them that they will have to find private accommodation at first to be eligible as being homeless. Unfortunately their search has come up with nothing so far. Her partner works in the Brae Hotel and therefore needs to be in the Brae area.

Does anyone know of anybody who can take them in even for a little time. I would do it myself but I live Lerwick and the council will not take them on if they move in with family.

Please pm me if you can give us any hope

I may be missing something here but I assume they are residing somewhere right at this moment. If it's not in a council property (which from your post it appears not) then it must be in private accommodation? Please clarify?

Not being facetious at all here, but couldn't the Brae hotel give them a room short term? They won't be exactly bursting at the seams this time of year.

Sorry but tried this one there is no staff accommodation at the moment and the hotel is a business that cannot give away rooms.

Guest Anonymous
^^

Broken Britain!

think "Broken Britain" wants us all to pile in 20 to a house like our eastern european workplace competitors n work harder as them for less as them to boot , n be delighted they have public sector housing n our working folk cant get it , bizzare that young working folk wi a bairn not at the top of the list , crazy

I would do it myself but I live Lerwick and the council will not take them on if they move in with family.

I am horrified that any parent would see their family homeless just to get them onto the council list!

As Lerwick is only 40 mins from Brae is there any reason why your daughters partner could not commute to work like thousands of other people do every day?

chill out you don't know the family or the problems they may or may not be having. i don't know them but living with relatives is not fun. however there is a diffrence between being homeless and a family wanting a home in a specific area.

Guest Anonymous
I am horrified that any parent would see their family homeless just to get them onto the council list!

....."Shamless"...... :shock:

its definately not how we were brought up here , but its how the legislation forced on us by the mainland has made the situation. Some of us older local folk still believe honesty ,virtue n thrift top the agenda but unfortunately we are out of date. Differnt folks n different ways are here ! To make it even better the holyrude gangsters have slashed new housing budgets and westminster still hoarding in as many cheap latvians as will come. Less houses more folk , great eh

....."Shamless"...... :shock:

That's the way the system works. Even if you had a family of four living in the cupboard under the stairs, if said cupboard is in a house owned by family, you are considered as housed and have no chance of ever getting public housing.

So the trick in Aberdeen is to move a family of 5 (actually 6 but you don't mention the dad) into a 1 bedroom flat after 6-12months hey presto you get a 3/4 bedroom anywhere you like. never could figure out how anyone could fit 4 boys in our shoebox of a flat. but met so many folk who sucessfully pulled the trick.