Shetland Football Results season 2010

Kevin

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh it was a bit of a match - my son probably in all honesty didn't hear anything that he hasn't heard before and i know people get worked up and get into it and you are right the incident that stood out the Ref did deal with it. All in it was a great afternoon - great weather and great entertainment all round.

There's no doubt that there was some strong language being used, myself included and I apologise if any offence was casused, but Derrick had an absolute shocker today. I think he's a good ref, but some of his decisions in the final were a bit odd, and had Whitedale not won then they could certainly have felt aggrieved.

Couldn't disagree more. Spurs should have won it easily, Whitedale were second best by a long way for 90 minutes. Individual mistakes cost Spurs as Whitedale struggled to string two passes together until extra time, in which they played much better. James Johnston ran the show for the entire game, Duncan Fraser held Whitedale together. Referee didn't have any effect on outcome of match.

I would also like to reiterate what Glipper has said. Ivor deserves huge credit for the upturn in Whitedale's fortunes, He's sacrificed a huge amount of time over the past decade with first juvenile football and now senior football. I should have said so in my previous post.

I couldn't be any more neutral and would once again like to point out that the referee did not have any effect on the outcome of the match. He maybe got somethings wrong but on the whole he did ok. He made his own decisions and even overruled his assistant on a couple of occasions!