Greenhouses - recommendations

Considering getting a greenhouse this year. Which I guess we'll need to order from the mainland as I'm not aware of anyone on the island offering these for sale.

So, if anyone's gone this route before and can recommend a particular supplier in terms of value for money, quality of product and ease of delivery I'd be interested to hear your story.

Likewise, if - through personal experience - you can honestly caution;"Don't whatever you do,buy from this company- I want to know that.

cheers

Not much wrong with the 'ol polytunnel. Lot to be said about a properly constructed polytunnel. Pitch it up like you might if you were trying to do so on top of Everest ... and it's not going to go anywhere in the middle of the night. ;)

I bought a 12' x 8' Rhino greenhouse and got it delivered to Aberdeen docks and delivered onwards to me by Shetland Transport. I got someone local to put it up for me.

These people sell it:

http://www.greenhousesdirect.co.uk/?gclid=COLc0YOR46ACFSMslAodlz_ACg

Being in a very windswept location I needed a decent structure and these greenhouses are known for their strength.

Guest posiedon
Yeah, they look good. Can I ask - did you construct your own polytunnels on a concrete base or directly to ground?

Three on the ground, one with a raised plywood floor where everything is grown in polystyrene fish box's.

If you need any help or advise PM me, only too happy to help.

There is another option I think a few folk have tried up here and it seems to work well.

Fence posts, salmon feed pipe and a poly tunnel cover. Laurence Smith in Bigton has tunnels made like this and they seem to last quite well!

good if you're into your recycling too ;)

• 1 month later...

i wasnt sure were to post this but i thought it may be of interest to some. i was looking around for polytunnel covers and was given a price of £128 from a company not too far from aberdeen,then quoted a £100 delivery from aberdeen to shetland,for a 15ft x 10ft cover and four rolls of hot spot tape. i then found a company in lancashire and exactly the same cover and four rolls of hotspot tape was delivered to my door within five days of ordered via royal mail for a grand total of £86.20 including £8.51 postage.it arrived quickly and with some good advice for fitting etc. so anyone looking for a poly,spares or just the cover it may well worth your while checking out premier polytunnels . ifno@premierpolytunnels.co.uk or 01282 811250.

• 2 weeks later...