National Elections 2010 - Debate

Pensioners have done very well under the Labour government. The financial crisis is a global and not a national issue and it is the banks and financial institutions which must take the blame.

^^^^^^^^^^^

O have they?

see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1531448/Browns-raid-on-pensions-costs-Britain-100-billion.html

and

work it out for yourself http://www.medicaldentalfs.com/175/gordon-browns-pensions-tax-raid-hot-topics-qa/

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what planet you are living on gava ??

Done very well?

He is a complete incompetent

He sold off the countries gold reserves at rock bottom value .

Pension pots gone.

Lisbon treaty slyly signed after promising a referendum.

Never ending warfare ( also bliar to blame for that too ) , young lads coming home dead or mutilated with no end in sight, (he tries to avoid that topic at the moment) .

Full blown bankrutcy for the U.K , just like greece just around the corner.

Plenty of bonuses to bank bosses , mp's ripping us off.

etc,etc,

And what saddens/angers me is that he seems to think that the peasants(wis ordinary working folk) have an endless flow of money that will bale it all out through endless taxes when in truth many, many folk are living on the breadline with no spare cash for anything and where scrimping a literal pound here or a pound there is part of daily life.

I've heard it said in previous years that if you added all of the British taxes that we have to pay together we're actually higher taxed than Scandinavia.

UKIP science policy.

Genetic engineering/Stem cell research

Should Britain be at the forefront of research in these areas? What benefits do you believe such research will bring for society?

Wherever stem cells can be obtained by means other than the killing of very small children, it is ethical only to obtain the stem cells by means that do not involve the loss of little lives. On this basis, there is no reason why Britain should not play a leading part in stem cell research.

:shock: :lol:

te real truth is that none of us know what scraping for a living really means anymore!!!

Try living in the third world and you may appreciate what you have.

We have become a nation of selfish, greedy and ungrateful people!!!

Not so. It's all relative and I'm tired of being told to compare myself/life with the third world.

The third world might not have the material things that we have in the west but what they don't have, for example, is the increasing attitude that we have where we're expected to "live to work" i.e sacrifice your life for your job and where many people are working long hours just to earn enough money to survive because their hourly rate of pay in relation to the cost of living is pathetic!.

There are millions on low pay and living on the breadline in the UK and if anybody thinksthat the minimun wage is of any benefit then they're sadly deluded.

Did anybody else see the news item on BBC Scotland a few days ago where the essy kart driver collared Nicola Sturgeon and told her that his employers were planning to knock £5000 off his salary and where he asked her what she was going to do about it?.

It was just one of those moments where an ordinary working man shows the politicians for what they are. Brilliant!.

:D

The minimum wage is due to be increased again soon.....

prior to the introduction of the minimum wage employers could pay as little as they wanted; if the minimum wage is not a success for the lower paid then nothing will be.............. and as the post prior to this one only proves we have become a selfish ungrateful lot unmoved by our third world counterparts............... and it is our own greed for success and materialism that has feeds the long hours which we CHOOSE to work.

I almost forgot about this but I saw this written on a wall "somewhere" in Lerwick.

"Blair brought us New Labour"

"Brown brought us foreign labour".

So, so true :lol:

Well what can we say "Thank God for Brown!!!!" Why? Because the amount of British people who refuse to work and live on benefits, the amount of people who G.P's encourage not to work by continually signing them off when the best thing for them would be an honest day's work is horrendous. I am aware that there are genuine cases of ill health and inability to work and I do not refer to such cases.

If it were not for "Brown's foreign labour" as Kavi puts it then factories and care homes would have no one to staff them. The people of Britain now believe that these jobs are beneath them but are proud to accept handouts from the state and bring the country to financial ruin in the process.

The proposed policy to make people work for their benefits is the best one I have heard for a long time.

I almost forgot about this but I saw this written on a wall "somewhere" in Lerwick.

"Blair brought us New Labour"

"Brown brought us foreign labour".

So, so true :lol:

If it were not for "Brown's foreign labour" as Kavi puts it then factories and care homes would have no one to staff them. The people of Britain now believe that these jobs are beneath them but are proud to accept handouts from the state and bring the country to financial ruin in the process.

The proposed policy to make people work for their benefits is the best one I have heard for a long time.

The real reason we need so many foreign workers is that half the potiential British workforce is un-employable when they leave school see

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23619458-half-of-pupils-leave-school-unable-to-read-write-or-add-properly.do

^^This is a huge problem and will become an even bigger problem for the country when these kids get older. Labour have pumped billions into the education system and instead of improving it, because of mis-management and crazy ideology they have destroyed it.

Instead of trying to give illegal imigrants a way to cheat the system and an amesty as the liberals want and try to justify people being criminals. What about my idea, I will pay a bounty £1,000 a illegal, catch them the moneys yours, will help some youngsters get into jobs. Plus my other idea do what the liberals want and decalre an amesty then in reality been lieing and when u have them all put them in cages to throw them all out as they should noyt be here.

Vote UKIP as im sure these sensible ideas area agaist human rights, should not human rights be lost if u dont act like a human? I think so. Everyone ahould be born with human right but if you dont act like a human u should lose them.