National Elections 2010 - Debate

Gordon Brown has quite inaccurately tried to deflect his comment as being related only to Mrs. Duffy's concerns over immigration when in fact he said when asked by an aide in the car, "what did she say" he responded with

"oh everything, she just a bigoted woman...."

Clearly he made the comment about her whole confrontation and not specifically about immigration as he's now trying to claim.

Yes he's shown his true colours this afternoon , he cracks up after 5 minutes speaking to an old age pensioner .

He is now a dead man walking .

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly enough, despite being a critic of his, I feel sorry for Brown over this. I know I've said things under pressure that I'm not enormously proud of. And he's under lots of pressure, then letting off a tiny bit of steam at a walkabout gone sour. Because, to be fair, that lady was laying into him for a great long while on several topics at once. She was angry at him and he had to stand there and take it.

She didn't deserve that remark, but I might have been tempted to say worse afterwards.

Now he is tripping over his big mouth to suck up to her

Brown has no idea how blatantly obvious he is

He is as much use as a chocolate teapot.

How can the people want this twit back in NO 10

“Gordon Brown has said he is "mortified" after being caught on microphone describing a pensioner he had just spoken to as a "bigoted woman".â€

The only mortified bit is the word

CAUGHT :!:

Oddly enough, despite being a critic of his, I feel sorry for Brown over this. I know I've said things under pressure that I'm not enormously proud of. And he's under lots of pressure, then letting off a tiny bit of steam at a walkabout gone sour.

Do you really want someone who loses the plot after a chat with a old age pensioner with his finger on the nuclear button ?

I don't :)

Mr Brown has done very well considering the issues he has had to deal with since becoming Prime Minister. Does anyone think the Tories will do any better? They will look after the rich and the poor will only become poorer. Does anyone think that the Lib Dems can seriously win the general election? They lack goverment experience which we seriously require at present.

Pensioners have done very well under the Labour government. The financial crisis is a global and not a national issue and it is the banks and financial institutions which must take the blame.

Since Mr Brown came to power the media have sought to discredit him. More than likely because he is a Scot.

Which one of us can point the finger at Mr Brown for a comment which was said in private. Have you never made comments about another individual when under pressure? I think this latest attack on Mr Brown quite simply stinks of double standards.

I dont know what planet you are living on gava ??

Done very well?

He is a complete incompetent

He sold off the countries gold reserves at rock bottom value .

Pension pots gone.

Lisbon treaty slyly signed after promising a referendum.

Never ending warfare ( also bliar to blame for that too ) , young lads coming home dead or mutilated with no end in sight, (he tries to avoid that topic at the moment) .

Full blown bankrutcy for the U.K , just like greece just around the corner.

Plenty of bonuses to bank bosses , mp's ripping us off.

etc,etc,

Oddly enough, despite being a critic of his, I feel sorry for Brown over this. I know I've said things under pressure that I'm not enormously proud of. And he's under lots of pressure, then letting off a tiny bit of steam at a walkabout gone sour. Because, to be fair, that lady was laying into him for a great long while on several topics at once. She was angry at him and he had to stand there and take it.

She didn't deserve that remark, but I might have been tempted to say worse afterwards.

Me too! Much worse!

Now he is tripping over his big mouth to suck up to her

Brown has no idea how blatantly obvious he is

I read it as being deliberately obvious. I am no fan of Brown, but I do feal he is by far the most genuine of the "big 3", which todays hellery just reinforced.

He reacted like a normal fellow, to hell with whether he was being recorded or not, then showed he could turn on the BS if required. Clegg would have been smiling at the cameraphone and Cameron would have brought up his son. Again.

It's worth remembering also, that Brown is the only one who can be "attacked" in this way - the others just have to say what they hypothetically would have done/will do.

Well, so far, nobody has my vote. I'm still very much "anyone except the Tories". Looking forward to tomorrow nights debate.

Come off it: it's par for the course for Brown. His first 'apology' used the weasel word 'if', then he claimed he had misunderstood Mrs Duffy. He also blamed his loyal Sue Nye for making him meet " that woman ".

He was and is unfit to lead. His so-called financial competence was always a sham because it was to aid the banksters and the property developers not the people. Immigration was aimed at cutting wages and getting votes. The people have finally woken up to the scams.

I agree. I think the madness which has ensued is plain pathetic.

edit: comment deleted for fear of starting an argument.