Dangerous Dogs

Babsy

Not being funny shetlandpeat, but was that photo taken from a reasonable public viewpoint? Otherwise is it not an offence/invasion of privacy to photograph somebody's private home area like that? Just checking, fair's fair and all that. :wink:

Edit: Snippet for example

The Law Of Privacy In England And Wales Part 6

Whilst the Court of Appeal decision in Murray may not have provided the clear and concise guidance many might have hoped for, it did add to an increasing body of case law in this area. This week, in an attempt to draw some practical guidance from these cases, we look specifically at the issues of trivial disclosures and the publication of photographs taken in public.

Privacy And Trivial Disclosures

[...]

Private gardens, beaches and closed film sets will all be risky and even hotels, restaurants and nightclubs may be considered private in this regard, notwithstanding they are open to the public in certain circumstances.[...]

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ I wondered that too. ShetlandPeat, given that the Animal Welfare Act (or is it Regulations, can't remember which?!) apply in England and not yet in Scotland, I take it you have notified your concerns to the RSPCA/local dog warden?

It used to be the case that provided a dog had water and shelter, it could be left for up to 4 hours. It has only been in the last year (or perhaps 2?) that the law has changed in England & Wales so that you now have to take into account all of an animal's well-being.

Could be a large staff, could be another breed or mongrel. Staffs are usually fine with people but not so with other dogs.

I'm also wondering if this thread is going slightly off topic too and is turning more into a discussion re dogs in general.

The door? Min, du's missed da point, it's an enclosed private garden being photographed without release from a potentially exclusive vantage point and then published on the internet. Yun quote I pay abun is fae a law firms website on the findings of cases relating to invasion of privacy and states that photographing private gardens is risky from a legal point of view. :wink:

I did not say where it was to protect any identification. Also, the fence is low enough to see over. The photo was taken from a wall light, fixed to a public building. With a walkway to folks front doors, so anyone could go and see.

Just to say it is in England. We reported one, but this we were not as upset with as we could not see that it was being mistreated with a lack of food, water and shelter. There are many examples of this in this particular town.

All dogs need to have a good long look at themselves, and waken up and realise what dirty animals they are.

I walk to work each morning into central town, the mess of dogs poo is unbelievable from Sound along Sanvein and right into town. I'm having to dodge the poo everywhere.

I dont see any bins at all for dogs waste, and often see dog owners Pooin there dogs.

The diseases you can catch isn't for mentioning, but something would have to be done.

Well, I enjoy walking and would often love to go for a nice walk around the various parts of Lerwick(the Knab etc) but I can't because I'm terrified of dogs and know that I would meet some dog running loose off it's lead.

So "thank you" to all the dog owners who don't understand(or care) what it's like for people such as myself and allow their dogs to run free in these places.....

Hang on Southern View. Dogs need to "go" just like humans do and before the helpful invention of Thomas Crapper humans also "went" wherever it was convenient to go.

As for the provision of bins or the lack of bins that is not the dog's fault and not clearing up after their dogs is most certainly the humans fault so pleas do not blame the dogs or call them dirty!.

in reply to Kavi Ugl's comment

Perhaps you should consider some counselling sessions to work on your fear of dogs. A fear like that is not rational, I was bitten through the ear by an Alsation when I was young (my fault for trying to cuddle it) and I'm not afraid of dogs, however you feel you should really try to sort yourself out and dont blame your fear on other people or make us feel bad for it.

I have a dog that "runs free" at the knab and know many others who do, personally I feel that there are more well trained dogs than people afraid of them, and if dogs are ever banned from public places like the knab because of a few scared people it will be a terrible shame.

Fear is all in the mind after all

Dogs smell fear and can react to it . I personally wouldnt let my dog off the lead in public because of that very reason. Shetland is full of suitable fileds and open spaces ( not the ones with sheep in! ) where the general public dont go so its not like theres nowhere to let them exersize.

Fines for those who let their dogs foul the pavement obviously arent deterant enough. Im a dog owner but totally agree with the view point about dog mess ...that I dont want their mess all over the place where children walk and pick it up on their shoes (or mine for that matter) , its a danger to their health. People who cannot responsably keep a pet should have the pet removed from their care.

All I can say is that all the anit-dog posts above seem to be from neurotic types with personal fear of dogs...........

If people have a fear or dislike of dogs then quite simply stay away from them and the areas where people excercise their dogs. This is a free world and dogs are here to stay!!!!

Oh and................ get a grip!!! I have never read such pathetic posts on any subject.