Dangerous Dogs

Babsy

^ And not tied up by said leash right outside shop doors so that non-dogloving people with their kids have to get very close to them to get out of the shop. I don't care if you think your little darling won't bite - big sharp teeth means there is always the possibility.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
"I had a dog once. It was called Rex.

It had a very bad attitude and got kicked periodically."

Did you make sure that it was securely tied before kicking it?

There is a correlation between people who ill treat animals, they often do the same to their kids.

"Nobody has a dog called Rex."

I know a dog that has an owner called Rex. :lol:

(Written with permission from the dog and owner.)

Regards.

i knew of a dog who was a blacksmith, everytime anybody said "fopp" he made a bolt for the door , boom boom

People tend to forget dogs are dogs; not "your baby" or "teddy bear". People try to humanise dogs. You want go cuddle a dog? In doggie language, you are dominating the dog. You see a dog in the street and want to bend over it and stroke it. In doing so, you are creating a shadow which many dogs don't like. Would you like it if a stranger came up to you, shadowed you, and then put your face in their's? Nope, and nor do many dogs.

One problem is though, young children do not understand this and the all to regular reports of small children being savaged or even worse killed reflect it. I think all dogs should be muzzled and on a leash in public as I tend to agree that its not just so-called "Dangerous Dogs" that are the issue. Public safety *and* public comfort are important

An example of what I mean by the latter - A couple of years ago I was taking my small children for a walk round the back of Clickimin Loch and a nice respectable looking wife with 2 smallish dogs comes along. Both dogs were very excited and my kids got very upset. Now, this I can cope with, but when she told me I really ought to take my kids somewhere else for a walk as this was a stupid place to go if you dont like dogs I was simply lost for words - well, lost for words I wanted my children to hear - This sort of attitude gives dog "lovers" a really bad name and legally enforced muzzling would go some way to protecting the public from the kind of intimidation that can be felt from dogs.

And Silketeen - Grats on getting a bite with one of the most obvious trolls ever posted, takes real skill :D

ok,whilst i agree all dogs should be kept under control when in public,the flip side to muzzling is that it can turn a non snappy dog into a snappy dog,a sensable owner who knows their dog will use a muzzle for their dogs sake i8f required.in over 40 years and quite a few dogs i have never had a snappy dog,and ive had german shepherds,rotties and jacks. in most cases people make snappy dogs,children tease them, adults bully them etc. i once went round a dog pound and saw a stunning dog who was all wagging tails and slobbering, sadly i couldnt take him on as he was waiting to put down as hed been trained to attack police officers,great with joe public,but some evil sicko had given him a death sentance. that person should of been put down to.

then theres the nice walks in park with my dog on a lead,even when its safe to let him off i cant/wont and do you know why? simply because of irresponsable parents who throw disposable nappies on the ground,which disgusts me and is dangerous to my dog,who will be a dog and wont be able to resist it,then theres the people who like a drink when out walking etc and just throw glass bottles on the ground,theyve obviously never had to pay a vet bill for stitches to a paw badly cut by broken glass. this world is big enough for dogs and people,they just need to learn to respect one another as we respect our neighbours. yes there are naturally bad dogs as there are naturally bad people, but mostly bad dogs are man made.

^^ If you are of the opinion that a biting dog is dangerous then one could surmise that all dogs have the potential to be dangerous as they are all capable of biting.

It's not only dogs that can bite.... humans also have the potential to bite and not only bite but lots of humans are very very dangerous!!!

Should they be muzzled too?

human bites are more toxic than dog bites.

After being bitten by a dog last year (not seriously, but it broke the skin and was bleeding a bit) I went to the hospital thinking I would need a tetanus shot and antibiotics - the doctor said no, they would have given me antibiotics and a tetanus booster if it had been a human bite, but not for a dog bite.

Guest Anonymous

does folk no have the sense to keen a dug might bite these days? or are they more folk goin aboot full a drugs as i thought?, whit neest, as was my point about cats, better still mount a campaign against clouds that rain. Bloody rediculous

always wan eh? What about scratching cats next ffs, lets hae a public uproar about dat , "ban all cats wi pointy claws"

:lol: I have just been clipping my cat's claws today!

Seriously, though, I do agree that folk should be aware that biting is in the nature of dogs, and any dog can bite.

Absolute rubbish. Some dogs have good manners.

Yeah.... I agree.... far more manners than humans these days unfortunately!!!

The amount of people and I mean adults not only teenagers who nudge and walk in front of you without an apology is terrible. Manners have gone right out the window along with all the used used heroin needles and beer bottles and chip shop papers.

:twisted:

theres all these revolting staffies and ugly boxery things that stagger about frating , but the most crabbit untrustworthy dogs ive come across is collies, no that ive ever had more as a nervy nip in the hohch

why pick on staffies and boxers? I know/have seen far uglier folk than these dugs