Dangerous Dogs

Babsy

I think the most dangerous dogs are the drugs dogs. Was out tonight for first time in ages and had a few pints but didn't wan't to get drunk. Thot a joint and a movie might be more easy going. When I asked around for a bit of hash was told that soft drugs are now unobtainble and the only thing easily available is hard turd like smack. No thanks! What on earth is going on here? 10 years ago no smack and a bit of hash and party stuff. Then come the dogs and now we are smack island with all the problems and more to come when the smack generation start having kids! How come nobody gets it! Are the people in charge really that thick?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Norway we have a law that says that all dogs shall be kept in lash between first of April and twentieth of August. That is a law for the whole Country, many towns and communes have expanded that law to be a rule for the whole year on beaches, parks and other public areas.....

I think you'll find that there are an awful lot of people just like myself who are either wary or afraid of dogs(okay, I'm terrified!). Over the years I've heard many folk say that whilst they're not particularly afraid of dogs they always "keep their guard up" towards them.

Blooming heck, to suggest that I need councilling for fear of being attacked by a dog!. No amount of councilling is going to help me when that x dog sinks it's teeth into me.....

I'm not meaning to offend anybody but I detect that many dog owners seem to be very short-sighted towards the negative side of dogs :(

:)

A fear like that is not rational,...

Fear is all in the mind after all

I think not. A fear is irrational if there is no evidence to support it. Dogs do indeed attack and intimidate people, so such fear is very real. Indeed, the fear of the beast is probably one of the most hard-wired prejudices we possess.

This is a free world

Since when? Are we free to carry weapons with which to defend ourselves? No, we are not, and rightly so. The only legal exception is when the weapon itself is a dog.

well I can safely say I have been to the knab hundreds of times and have NEVER met a dog off the lead that would bite someone. Give us dog owners some respect! I dont know what you are thinking? Do you honestly think everyone with a dog has trained them to be fighting animals or something? People that haven't managed to train their pets enough to be off the lead keep them on their leads and you see that everywhere, I wish you could just trust that the sensible pet owners know what they are doing.

I have had a few dogs and have always trained them before they were allowed off the lead.

"old dogs cant learn new tricks" is nonsense, if any dog displays agression towards humans it needs better discipline from its owners. I have never hit my dogs, a simple look and maybe a growl usually did the trick when we were training...at worst when he chased a rabbit whilst young he had his head held to the ground. I'mvery happy to say I never have to tell him off anymore, a quick glare if he's getting excited is all it takes to get him back in line.

Dogs are fab!

I think the most dangerous dogs are the drugs dogs. Was out tonight for first time in ages and had a few pints but didn't wan't to get drunk. Thot a joint and a movie might be more easy going. When I asked around for a bit of hash was told that soft drugs are now unobtainble and the only thing easily available is hard monkey like smack. No thanks! What on earth is going on here? 10 years ago no smack and a bit of hash and party stuff. Then come the dogs and now we are smack island with all the problems and more to come when the smack generation start having kids! How come nobody gets it! Are the people in charge really that thick?

yep

I must say my dogs do bark at people,defensive if people come near their house. Never bitten or hurt anyone they are big softies. They would never hurt anyone.

I do remember when we were walking my dog down to my parents (2 minutes down the road) my dog dog attacked by another dog that came running towards her. Now if we hadnt slipped her lead she would have been in a much worse state. Luckily my dog knew where we were going and actually ran to my parents house, my partner nearly had hs had bitten trying to get the other dog off ours. Nice bloody ear my dog had, not even an appology from the dog owner. Good thing my mum decided to put nursing skills into use and stop the dogs ear bleeding.

I think what im half trying to say (my brain is fried, been working) is that some dogs dont need to be on leads and some really do. All depending on how they are trained. (my dogs are actually better behaved off the lead but we keep them on the lead and have our arms ripped off instead, you know for keeping public happy and all that)

Dogs smell fear and can react to it ...

I've never really gone along with the "Dogs smell fear" theory. Has this ever been scientifically proven? I thought research indicated that dogs "sense/hear" a faster heartbeat (which peeps usually get when blooming petrified) and react to that, just as in the same way dogs don't tend to like drunks because alcohol masks a person's body scent.

Just a couple of thoughts to throw into the debate.

I think dogs do sense things. I mean my dogs know my partner is the calmer softer one of the two of us. And if im in a mood (yes shock horror I get grumpy) they tend to avoid me.

I agree with you Piggywiggie that dogs do sense things but the point I'm trying to make is to how the old doggie mind/senses work. Most people know (oops, I could be assuming wrongly here) that dogs have a tremendous sense of smell and good hearing.

Look at how dogs know the time when their owner is coming back from work.

Look at when a dog or cat has got lost; for example, you may have moved 30 odd miles away. A dog doesn't usually go straight from A to B. A dog tends to circle or zig-zag their way back. If they went straight from A to B, they would do it perhaps in a day as opposed to say 3 days.

Think (and I'm referring to peeps in general not any particular individual posting on here but just adding to the debate) how dogs have been used and trained as helpers for the disabled and, more recently, in detecting cancer. Dogs pick up on our moods, yes; but how exactly do they do it? Change in heartbeat? Change in breathing? Change in a person's body odour?

Points made, I'll shut up.

Edit: to correct spelling of user's name!