Air costs to increase

Still cheaper to fly even with 5% increase. With a child in tow, cabin, food, entertainment, contingency fund for them canceling sailing (including having to pay extra for the luxuary of a cabin I've already paid for) it's still less than half the price to go by plane.

• 2 weeks later...

I understand how you must feel, I'm coming up in June for the Hamefarin and I couldnt believe firstly how much the air fare was, of which, almost half was Tax. So I looked at the ferry price, if you want just a ticket up and back down its not too bad, if you want a cabin each way and food; god its daylight robbery. I sympathise with you all who have to put up with all of these prices.

Bring back P&O and the old Clair!

I understand how you must feel, I'm coming up in June for the Hamefarin and I couldnt believe firstly how much the air fare was, of which, almost half was Tax. So I looked at the ferry price, if you want just a ticket up and back down its not too bad, if you want a cabin each way and food; god its daylight robbery. I sympathise with you all who have to put up with all of these prices.

Bring back P&O and the old Clair!

Half was tax! Could you explain how you worked that out please?

Guest Anonymous
See the link below

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=153173347

Let's boycott the airlines and use the ferry!!!

Why should we fork out more money? Don't we pay enough??

now for a long time ive just done without , these robbing thieving scamming b******s have screwed ALL prices so high its put travel out of the reach of the lowest earners, and made checking in such an unpleasant business that i feel both the plane n boat are to be avoided