peeriebryan

Where should the North Boat dock?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

I've been on all day trying tae book a cabin for 3 weeks time to head south away to see AC/DC.

Using my islander ID card it will not let me book a cabin, an error message continues to come up and stops me proceeding to the checkout. But I can book on as a foot passenger no problem.

So, out of interest I tried making a cabin booking without using my islander ID and no problem at all I was put straight through to payment details. Bearing in mind this is the sunday night after the Johnsmas Foy it leads me to wonder if cabins are held for non discount passengers? Is this common practice in the summer months???

I've never been able to book online with my Islander ID. Instead I've phoned 0845 6000 449 and got booked no problem.

From the Northlink Website:-

Is there a left luggage facility at the Aberdeen terminal?

A Left luggage facility is available to passengers who are booked for the same day's sailing from 08:00 up until 2 hours 15 mins before departure. Luggage must be labelled for the onward voyage (eg Kirkwall or Lerwick). It is the responsibility of passengers to transfer their own luggage from the left luggage facility to the luggage trolleys. All items of baggage are left at the owners risk and may be subject to searching if regulations require.

Is there a left luggage facility at the Aberdeen terminal?

A Left luggage facility is available to passengers who are booked for the same day's sailing from 08:00 up until 2 hours 15 mins before departure. Luggage must be labelled for the onward voyage (eg Kirkwall or Lerwick). It is the responsibility of passengers to transfer their own luggage from the left luggage facility to the luggage trolleys. All items of baggage are left at the owners risk and may be subject to searching if regulations require.

I'm afraid this is no longer the case - I was told when travelling up last week that any left luggage must be put immediately onto the luggage trolleys; if you want to take anything on board you have to keep it on you. This is obviously far from ideal for people in Aberdeen for the day and travelling without cabins, dealing with backpacks and sleeping bags (the latter of which are essential as Northlink deems it necessary to turn down the heating in the middle of the night and make all possible "sleeping" areas freezing cold).

This is obviously far from ideal for people in Aberdeen for the day and travelling without cabins, dealing with backpacks and sleeping bags (the latter of which are essential as Northlink deems it necessary to turn down the heating in the middle of the night and make all possible "sleeping" areas freezing cold).

I found this out on a night I just had a t-shirt and jeans, never again!

This is obviously far from ideal for people in Aberdeen for the day and travelling without cabins, dealing with backpacks and sleeping bags (the latter of which are essential as Northlink deems it necessary to turn down the heating in the middle of the night and make all possible "sleeping" areas freezing cold).

I found this out on a night I just had a t-shirt and jeans, never again!

Why do they turn off the heating? Why even offer non-cabin accommodation (either in the "well-appointed lounge" or in reclining seats which don't recline) if you plan on making the temperature sub-zero between 1am-5am?