peeriebryan

Where should the North Boat dock?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

Surely the best 'plan b' would be to have a ro-ro ramp at Peterhead, where there are no bad weather closures.

It would also save iro. 3,000 litres of marine gas oil per vessel, per sailing going there.

The Norrona has also made a few runs to Peterhead and she appears much larger than any of the Northlink Ferries.

Its obvious you dont have the slightest clue what your on about ll Peterhead is bad enough to get into with a fishing boat with any weather and a following sea i have been there many time with fishing boats and know exacly what like it is..It would be a death trap with the Northlink ships even in a force 7 from the East trying to get in there... :roll:

Guest Anonymous

better still Bergen, never closed for weather much nicer city excelent onward flights, nicer folk, better shops, sports bar of the square reasonable price for a pint. after spending time there I can not understand anyone wanting to go to Aberdeen or anywhere else in Scotland for that matter.

Oh yeah stunning eye candy, better scenery, aquarium, museums, history etc etc

haha i like that if its true why would i bother lying about the price of a flight! one way 7.45 flight via orkney to aberdeen 45 quid with ads!

lets be honest the ferry is a lifeline service yes thats lifeline for ppl, freight, etc the freight dosent care about the weather its the bloody ppl if northlink warn you about the weather before you get on its going to be rough they dont do it for fun! if you dnt travel well they will refund you.

personally i will travel in any weather as will many many shetlanders so more important that northlink actually try and sail!

ive been on smaller supply vessels on northlinks route when theyve stayed in port - we didnt die!!

if your travelling in winter it mite be wise to either fork out for flights and use boat as back up or leave one day earlier? i realise this is difficult and expensive but the other option would be to live on the mainland?

From the Northlink website

M.V.Hjaltland

Due adverse weather conditions and in the interest of passenger comfort and safety the sailing from Lerwick to Aberdeen at 19:00 on Tuesday 09th November has been cancelled.

Would it not have been a bit more accurate to admit that they did not have a ship available to make this crossing?.

better still Bergen, never closed for weather much nicer city excelent onward flights, nicer folk, better shops, sports bar of the square reasonable price for a pint. after spending time there I can not understand anyone wanting to go to Aberdeen or anywhere else in Scotland for that matter.

Oh yeah stunning eye candy, better scenery, aquarium, museums, history etc etc

Never a truer word but sadly too many Shetlanders have been brainwashed and think that there's no life beyond sooth..... :roll:

while ive nothing against norway iv spent a lot of time in bergen, stavanger, kristiansund and a few others inbetween but shetlanders would be the first to complain of the prices!!

a similar night out in norway would cost around 150 - 180 quid compared with 70 - 90 in uk - you soon get sick of that plus the chemicals in the beer (even if the women make life better)!!

but aside from the flight connections there are no other connections with europe.

shopping in norway way more pricey than aberdeen!

please dont put these hair brained ideas in our govt head!! we should be campaining for aberdeen harbour to deepen its channel and make better breakwaters!!