peeriebryan

Where should the North Boat dock?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

Why should I pay more because folk do not turn up on time. Keeping folk hanging about being paid because folk are late is not on really. As Keedle said, there were no problems apart from the weather.

And why the insult. Why are you nasty and rude in your posts, intimidating folk is not on with such tactics.

Northlink have procedures that are different to P&O. I think Northlink have been there long enough for folk to understand how they operate.

Are you asking them to have a social concience, how much extra would that cost?

Err yes, that is why they get a subsidy :roll:

Where is that written bob...it isn't, don't be making it up.

You should start reading about the TRS and Northlink and the amount of work that has gone into it. Though I am sure you have.

I have but they could not give 2 monkey for the folk up here that they are supposed to providing a lifeline link for.

What was their response? - you suggest they didn't give you an answer that you found satisfactory, maybe you should take up your complaint and Northlinks response with ZetTrans.

Guest Anonymous
Are you asking them to have a social concience, how much extra would that cost?

Err yes, that is why they get a subsidy :roll:

Where is that written bob...it isn't, don't be making it up.

You should start reading about the TRS and Northlink and the amount of work that has gone into it. Though I am sure you have.

just because you edit something out SP does not give you the right to accuse me of lying.

You either deliberately misread posts or are lacking the capacity to understand what is written then you try a stunt like this along with trying to get the mods to ban me.

"I dont like your opinion so I will silence you, by whatever underhand and dishonest means that I can" is that how you work Pete?

Some one else accused me of hidding behind a screan name well SP worked out who I am and he is hardly the sharpest tack in the box so I think I have given enough hints in my posts to my identity.

Guest Anonymous
We live in different times since the days of P&O. I'd imagine one of the reasons why you cant board the vessel after 6.30 is to do with security issues.

Or not wiiling to pay wages to staff or that management who are salaried don't want to work late

Hey bob, why should we pay GOV employees to stand around. You don't like it when COuncil employees are sitting in a meeting incase they are needed, but want other GOV employees to do the same to suit your needs or wishes when it comes to ferries, it seems you want GOV to do everything for you..

Ferry services to the islands and remote peninsulas in the Clyde and Hebrides Islands and the Northern Isles of Orkney and Shetland are subsidised by the Scottish Government. These ferry services are provided by under tendered contracts to the Scottish Government by CalMac Ferries Limited, Northlink Ferries Limited and Shetland Line (1984) respectively.

Scottish Ministers are the sole shareholder of David MacBrayne Limited, the group holding company, that in turn owns CalMac Ferries Limited and Northlink Ferries Limited.

It seems you are bleating in the wrong forum my friend.

Guest Anonymous

managers salaries getting paid anyway they don't or shouldn't get overtime

but I already posted that SP why don't you try reading the posts a bit more carefully

So you still think that because they work in the public service, they are at your beck and call.

That will never happen as there are T&C's to deal with, time off in lue, families to feed, pick up from after school club and the managers would need training.

All this to be changed because some one may miss the boat?

Remember we are going through cutbacks and there will not be any money to change the contracts of carriage, remember the Athens bit in all of this as that has to be worked with, GOV approval, T&C's changed.

Do you not have a Post Office counter? So, as a public servant or partner of one I expect that you would agree with any punitive measures put in place to get more work from ALL public employees. I know it is a tenuous comparison, but I would like the post office to be open 7 days a week, 16 hours a day to suit any time I may be late, just in case mind I am running late.

As a reasonable person who accepts others rights to family life, if I miss it then ho hum. My fault. They are not there to bail out the misfortunes of another carrier or cancel as long as it fits into the terms agreed at exchange of contract.

Guest Anonymous

typical of the civil service can spend hours thinking up reasons not to do something instead of just doing it.

as for managers needing trained, get a grip if they can't do the job how the hell can they manage others.

Guest Anonymous

the dockers untie the ship, the seamen sail the ship, security are on the ship anyway, the only thing the managers need to do is check folk in when there are delays. solution found so whet de bitching du bores me.