peeriebryan

Where should the North Boat dock?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the North Boat dock?

• Aberdeen
    • Rosyth
    • Peterhead
    • Barbados

Nope, the demonic device I refer to is some kind of wall-mounted aerosol dispenser, looks a bit like this...

http://www.wholesalejanitorialsupply.com/images/240/OTMS1246.JPG

Beware it's emissions - they actually manage to make "boat stink" worse. A truly incredible achievement.

The fact its enclosed in the cube, for the uninitiated, in heavy weather this would result in injurys.

The relevant authorites would never allow pods like this onboard ships anyways. You'd be up the creek, if the worst came to the worse, and there was a capsize. Well you be up the the creek anyway, but its not going to help trying to climb out of a pod when you dont know which way is up.

Some cruise companies use similar things for crew, so there is no marine regulations to contend with there. Safer than bunk beds too - you can't fall out!

I stayed in one once and found it quite comfortable - but each to their own. Feels just the same as having the curtains closed on a bunk!

I think that a great step forward for Northlink, and ferries generally, would be to install the Japanese hotel

http://theafterlifeepitaph.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/akihabara-hotel11.jpg

What a great idea.

Here is the Scottish version much cheaper still

I will just get someone to

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/4425/catcarrier.jpg

On Board

And then put me in a corner for the night

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1731/petcargomain.jpg

One way or another I will get to where I’m going.

Just heard a story fae an orkney taxi driver about a certain "coroded" individual fae here that stumbled of the boat in Orkney and got in a taxi slurring "take me to Sandwick" which he did, on arival in said village the rather inebriated soul took umbrage with the driver.

"This is no bloody Sandwick, I'm lived here aa me life"

"No we yun accent doo's no, now do you want a lift back tae the boat" :lol:

Love it!! Could he no tell the difference between day and night?? :roll:

The fact its enclosed in the cube, for the uninitiated, in heavy weather this would result in injurys.

The relevant authorites would never allow pods like this onboard ships anyways. You'd be up the creek, if the worst came to the worse, and there was a capsize. Well you be up the the creek anyway, but its not going to help trying to climb out of a pod when you dont know which way is up.

I wish I had been in one of those when the ship rolled last time I was aboard, I might not still be aching! :)

That Japanese ssytem looks like hell on earth to me!

I can't stand the existing cabins and am constantly amazed that people value them so much.

Due to work/family reasons, there have been many times I have had a cabin but have moved up to the reclining seats/forward bar to get a comfortable nights sleep. I am sure I'm not alone.

I know I dont travel much, but I really enjoy the boat, so long as i'm not in a cabin!

Much prefer a cabin to the reclining seats, at least the lights go off!