germany

England declared war on them!

Britain, which includes Scotland, declared war on Germany

I'd be pretty annoyed if my previous generations had been bombed to the ground...

So you can safely say that the German nation as a whole hate the English because YOU would be pissed of if YOUR "previous generations had been bombed to the ground". Most of the Germans I know want to move on from WW2, and have no interest in carrying hatred forward with them

Of course they are still annoyed! They will cast revenge...

Anyway, are we "Brits" just going to forget about what they done to the Jews? Wouldnt you like to just punch a German in the face if you saw him/her talking smuggish?

Anyway, are we "Brits" just going to forget about what they done to the Jews?
No, it should never be forgotten. Not by the "Brits", the Germans or anyone else. A lesson should be learned. But it was a generation ago. Its not the fault of the current population. Time to move on

Wouldnt you like to just punch a German in the face if you saw him/her talking smuggish?
I know several Germans (lived with two German guys for a couple of years), I've been to Germany several times and I've had Germans as guests over here. I've never felt the need to punch them in the face

I love Germany
Make your mind up :roll:

I said I liked Germany... I never said I liked the Germans! :P Their aw blonde bas...

They seem a bit keen on folk music Jay

Check it out

Not much blondeness here :wink:

Hope you enjoyed that :P

That's because their stuck in last century.. I thought they were all into techno crap! Techno-Folk.. sounds wonderful 8O

• 4 weeks later...

Germany is undoubtdely a great country - one of the best there is in Europe.

And..........you know that reason why it is so great - because there are no English people! In terms of rudness and annoying habits on holiday, the English are far more irritating than than the Germans - despite that myth that the like to creat.

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti English per say, nor any SNP supporter. However, I just get extremely tired of their constant sniping and put down of the Germans. This reflects bad on the UK as a nation.

The problem with this country - especially England - is that we're still obsessed with the war. We live too much in the past. Ok, we must learn from the past - as the Germans have done - but not live in it. We should respect our war veterins, but you really have to question whethor or not we still make too big a deal out of World War Two - socially, politically and in our outlook towards Europe?? We should never forget, but we perhaps should look very very carefully at how we continually 'celebrate' and go on about World War Two.

Since we won the war, with the help of the USA of course, we feel that we seemingly have to continually go on about it and make sure that the Germans know about it!! I think that during the World Cup, we can expect some of the material to be written in our press and spoken about in our media about the Germans to be verging on racisit. On this basis, you really have to look at which country has TRULY moved on since the dark days of World War Two!