Audit Scotland - 2010 report

Infiltrator

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^If true, it hardly comes as a surprise to anybody, unless maybe certain elements of the hierachy of the council itself, that the leadership do pretty much anything but lead, and Clarkie was the wrong man for the job, very probably recurited and appointed in the wrong way, and his removal was a perfect example of the council policy towards problematic issues of "keep throwing money at it until it goes away".

I would think there will be a few people looking out their chainmail to deflect the knives. Lets hope the people who make these decisions get their deserved rewards, beware the blood on the floor. Oops, i think i let my feelings get the better of me. :roll:

Heads will roll, that is the nature of these things, big brother has made it his business to come in and nitpick over our little games, so somebody has to be made whipping boy. At least the ballot box did some of the necessary last time around when a CE appointment went badly wrong, probably will do so again, I just dunno how many folk are going to be content waiting two years for it to happen.

Somebody may need to be axed sooner as a sacrifice, we can only hope that the Audit report names the names of the real proven culprit(s) and not scapegoats.

The 'Shetland News' provides a direct quote from the leaked Audit Scotland report

“This use of the media to further particular viewpoints is not unique to the Shetland Islands, but its extent has had a negative impact on the council’s ability to conduct business effectively, on the reputation of the council and on working relationships,â€

I wonder who audit Scotland could be referring to?

:wink:

^^If true, it hardly comes as a surprise to anybody, unless maybe certain elements of the hierachy of the council itself

Here,Here Ghostrider.

The whole fresco is just one major embarrassment for all Shetlander’s

And the £250,000 tax free pay off. Should come out of the councillors own salaries and not the public purse or insurance.

It’s just one big dirty stinking cover up, by them to cover there backsides and incompetence

Just thank god. That none of them are running the country. Brown is bad enough.

“And while convenor Sandy Cluness had sought to resolve the council’s problems in a constructive way, “more inclusive decision making and decisive action might have led to a better outcome for the councilâ€â€

Mr.Cluness should now resign. I can’t say this for anyone else but for me, he has been a complete failure in the job.

He is just there to get the smug photo opportunities in the local paper

Its no wonder he wants to hang on to the job, with the Tall Ships and the Hamefarin coming along.

I would not be surprised if he suggested, that he! could do the post of CE.

As a additional job, to that of Convenor. For more pay and expenses of course

Heads will roll, that is the nature of these things, big brother has made it his business to come in and nitpick over our little games, so somebody has to be made whipping boy. At least the ballot box did some of the necessary last time around when a CE appointment went badly wrong, probably will do so again, I just dunno how many folk are going to be content waiting two years for it to happen.

Somebody may need to be axed sooner as a sacrifice, we can only hope that the Audit report names the names of the real proven culprit(s) and not scapegoats.

"ballot box did the necessary last time" How do you mean ghost?