• England
    • France
    • Germany
    • Holland
    • Italy
    • Portugal
    • Spain
    • Another

The World Cup starts in about a months time, who do you think will win?

Its hard to look past Spain. I fancy Argentina to either do well or totally capitulate and have a stinker, its difficult to know with Maradona in charge. My outsiders that could progress past the group stage is Serbia and the Ivory Coast to be the best of the African nations.

England anyone?

Spain have the best team.

But if there was money on the table I'd go for Brazil.

But then I voted for Argentina as I agree with jz, they will either be brilliant or rubbish and I'm gonna support them this year.

I just hope it's another great tournament and don't really mind who wins...

apart from one side!

:wink:

Agree that Spain have a good team.. but with many injuries they will underachieve as they always do.

Nobody has mentioned Italy... their clubs have done better in Europe this year.. and they always up their game, and grind out results, often via penalties.. so I say put a couple of quid on them!

And what about poor'ole England...? reject the 'ABE' mantra and cheer on the Chelsea boys.. Lamps and the two Coles (who have got plenty left in the tank) will surely get goals so they will be worth a semi final at least... or is that just my faded, three lions optimism....

Nobody has mentioned Italy... their clubs have done better in Europe this year.. and they always up their game, and grind out results, often via penalties.. so I say put a couple of quid on them!

They may have done well in Europe but in the QF & SF there was hardly an Italian in Inter Milans team. Certainly in 1 of the SF legs against Barca they never had 1 Italian in their starting line up!

Brazil to win the World Cup!

• 3 weeks later...

Weel i widna a tout most shetland fok wid support england wi da massive england scotland rivalry n shetland is technically scottish n his very little tae do wi england, i cin see why fok fae england or english relatives wid support dim bit i im definatly no supportin dim.