Jarl Squad appearances

kozetland1

Did the text contain any links which had non-standard characters in them?

I seem to remember trying to post a link with the word "Böd" included in it and getting the same thing happening.

None at all - pure plain text - straight from notepad. When i pasted it in - it didnt appear - when i typed directly into the post - the text appeared.

I did send the text to a mod to put in - but it didnt appear in the pm either....so here's a little something instead

"I'm in trouble with the SSPCA - Cash for Gold dont take fish" :D

!!!! Its working now - heres the original text.

Can anyone add any details of any Jarl Squads visits (from any of the 10 Jarl Squads) - those below I am aware of.

Lerwick Jarl Squad

Friday/Saturday - Sandwick Regatta, Sandwick.

South Mainland Jarl Squad

Sunday 6 June 2010 – Aith Lifeboat Gala, Aith – The Jarls Squad will be at the Gala and will march from the Aith Hall to the Pier at 2pm.

All Jarl Squads

Saturday 26 June – Hamefarin 2010 Viking Parade, Lerwick - The Jarls Squad (along with all the other 2010 Shetland Jarls Squads – 10 in total, plus the Junior 2010 Lerwick Jarls Squd, plus the Lerwick Up Helly Aa Jarls Squads from the past 10 years – around 400 Guizers in total), will will take part in a torch-lit parade around Clickimin Loch. The mass parade of Vikings will culminate in the burning of a galley on the Loch of Clickimin, specially adapted by the Lerwick Up Helly Aa Committee. The squads will assemble at the T.A. Hall, Lerwick around 8pm and march to the Clickimin around 10.15pm. The provisional torchlit route is from the T.A. Hall along the Town Hall Brae to King Harald Street, to King Haakon Street and Burgh Road, to St. Sunniva Street and Gilbertson Road, then along Anderson Road to Lochside. The Hamefarin Galley will be floated near the Clickimin Broch and burnt floating at the north end of the loch.

http://www.shetlandhamefarin.com/viking-parade

Very true EM - torchlit in the wrong place - also

19 June - Lerwick Jarl Squad - accompanied with the specially built Hamefarin 2010 Galley will be visiting the Flavour of Shetland site at Victoria Pier. The squad will march from Harbour Street along Commercial Road to the the site from 1pm.