Big Mouth Strikes Again.

voxreasonable

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
Boys, how many times are you going to go over all this again? You have said it all forty times. The prospect that this discussion will still be going on in a year's time, distracting everyone from the realities which are threatening Shetland, is frightening. Reading the multiple threads on the subject is like reading the Daily Mail - a waste of time and a vexation of the spirit.

wholehearedly agree, if it wasna for the wittless poopstirring of wills' ego then maybe something actually important could be addressed, like the stealing of the trust funds

Boys, how many times are you going to go over all this again? You have said it all forty times. The prospect that this discussion will still be going on in a year's time, distracting everyone from the realities which are threatening Shetland, is frightening. Reading the multiple threads on the subject is like reading the Daily Mail - a waste of time and a vexation of the spirit.

Sorry, but I much prefer my Daily Mail to a rag like the Morning Star :wink:

That might have something to do with him working as a consultant and liaising with upper management/directors and not the lassie that works the switchboard.

The Data Protection Act might also have something to do with it.

A managing director and a personnel manager are hardly the lassie on reception, and if you put it on your CV that you worked for a company and that company denies ever having heard of you, that has sweet FA to do with data protection.

It was in Clark's best interests to force the situation to a conclusion in February/March, take what he could get and get out before Government "management" waded in with their oar and possibly only let him leave with a much poorer deal. I fail to see what benefit it was to Wills to force the issue by then, he was getting what he wanted anyway in a few months.

This is where you have to ignore logic when considering Cllr Wills actions. A great many times he has made proposals/held stances that have been sensible, in the intrest of his constituents, and of Shetland as a whole, but has undermined them by an inability to let things proceed from there.

Seeing the latest headline is no surprise. Watchdog Rejects Wills Submission - as that article states, the conditions for submissions have been well published and are very clear, as are the reasons for such.

But, of course, now there will be an "excuse" should the report not go in favour.

It's a broader subject I know, but I'm a bit taken with the premise of being able to reject or not accept the findings of a report. Would the same be possible if you fail a driving test? Are found guilty of a crime?

:?

And here he goes again, running to the "headmaster" et al..... :roll:

Dr Wills warned: “I'd hoped the public inquiry would be the end of this tiresome business but now it seems we may have to ask higher authority to investigate and determine who's responsible for the serial incompetence that has characterised the council's political leadership for the past seven years and has cost Shetland so many millions of pounds."

That's what he did the first time and look at the ensuing havoc..... :roll:

It serves no other purpose than to show that we can't run our own affairs.

That is exactly what folks up here need to see and then they can start voting for folks with ability and integrity instead of the useless bunch of incompetents we have now.

Not all the councillors are useless wir Betty seems to be honest and competent as does Gary Robinson and Wills is no liar, and there may even be others that could added to the list.

But for damn sure clueless, wishart, miller should be hounded out in disgrace.

I think that Jonathan Wills is a man of integrity whether or not one agrees with his views. He has the courage to rock the boat and to shift people out of their comfort zones. There has been too much "protectionism" in the council corridors for too long. The thought of Sandy Cluness getting an OBE both demeans that award and is abhorrent to me.

Using Occam's razor may narrow down who notified the press and why, in, at least one case.

The Romeo and Juliet scene in the alley, that was published in the press could be a very large clue.

I am almost certain that if you stand in the alley you will be able to pinpoint the place where the picture was taken. This would not prove who took the picture but who was complicit in taking the picture.

No, I have not tried it!

Regards,

Rex.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you all found some time to sit in the gallery and watch the elected numbsculls squirming under the spotlight. What I said at the start of this discussion was hammered home by Dave Clarke this morning who basically stated for the record, "There would have been no settlement if it had not been for the negative press campaign by Jonathan Wills". In short I was right, Jonathan's big mouth DID cost us 250,000. He, was warned several times to keep quiet but he could not control himself. Also Jonathan really showed his true colours on the stand yesterday. Puffed up, vainglorious, spiteful, argogant, condescending, verbose and totally rediculous. Do you think he's learned anything from what happened? Not a chance.

^^ Take it in context though. Clark is also adamant it was Wills and Robinson that dragged The Sun to Shetland and set them on him, so of course he would say what he said.

Clark has yet to provide proof Wills or Robinson had anything to do with dragging The Sun here and setting them on him. Of course The Sun was going to talk to Wills and Robinson in the hope they'd spill their guts, being as both had publically made themselves opponents of his. But unless Clark can come up with something better than "we've been fighting, so it must have been them" as proof, its all only so much hot air, yet again.

If thats the level of proof needed to say who tipped of The Sun, there are any number of other versions that are equally as easily proven.

Unless Clark can produce a Sun employee who is willing to finger Wills and Robinson as having approached the paper in the first place, Clark's ramblings have no purpose unless to swell his own head and maybe be a bit of positive PR for himself.

Clark has gone, and has been replaced. The sooner the rest who have been in any way connected with the shenanigans of the last 12 month, both elected and salaried, follow him through the same door, the better. Clark has one thing right, there will be no sense done until the house is emptied and new faces replace them. Yes, maybe a few "good" people will be lost by clearing the deck, but as I see it those who have not contributed to the mayhem have shown they were unwilling or incapable of stepping up, taking charge and doing damage limitation/rebuilding when chaos surrounded them.

Guest Anonymous

Puffed up, vainglorious, spiteful, argogant, condescending, verbose and totally rediculous. Do you think he's learned anything from what happened? Not a chance.

yay,a gobsihte