SIBC BURGLARY

M

Did anybody hear SIBC dis mornin aboot 7:30? Ian Anderson wiz readin da news when someone surely pinched somethin oot o his garden! He geed aff air fir a few meenits an gave chase tae da burgaler, when he came back on he tried ta kerry on readin da news while bein oot o breath. If onybody has it recorded I wid lik ta hear it again, most amusin! :D

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody hear SIBC dis mornin aboot 7:30? Ian Anderson wiz readin da news when someone surely pinched somethin oot o his garden! He geed aff air fir a few meenits an gave chase tae da burgaler, when he came back on he tried ta kerry on readin da news while bein oot o breath. If onybody has it recorded I wid lik ta hear it again, most amusin! :D

I have to hear that!

Are you sure it was a burglar? Maybe the poor guy just had to make a very fast trip to the bathroom......or something......

Missed it anyway, I need something with a bit more get up and go at 7.30 than SIBC News, or I won't get up and go either. A pity, a little comedy at that hour is always very welcome. :cry:

That sounds fantastic indeed. Just the kind of thing that makes SIBC so special. I wish I'd heard it. :lol:

No one seems to know if its real, but plenty of folk have been saying it happened but still not met anyone who has heard it so it can be verified. Pity no one listens to SIBC, its mabey a new urban myth that people can get away with as everyone knows no one would be listening!

I met someone who had heard it - apparently he said that he knew who they were and if they did that again he would mention their name on air. In his rather breathless state he then continued with the winner of the womens golf.

As the comperes at the folk festival commented - 'We never knew there was so much news about the news...

No one seems to know if its real, but plenty of folk have been saying it happened but still not met anyone who has heard it so it can be verified.

I heard it. It did happen.....him trying to read the sports news after chasing the culprit was rather funny.....Personally I would have gone for sticking on a record or two until I got my breath back..

sounds like a right laugh, at that time on on radio orkney, i only hear SIBC at 9 am then the news is that crap its just what i hear on the way to work. funny how we never heard about on radio shetland or in the paper

Heard from a reliable source that there was no robbing going on that morning! A driver moved Mr Anderson's personal traffic cones (for securing his parking space) to reverse a truck - although from his reaction you would have thought the driver was stealing his car!! :lol: