OBE

voxreasonable

Just as the quality of school leavers exam results might fall under public suspicion in this time of 30% A achievement. I wonder do the queens accolades mean anything any more? If any Mr Plod can pick one up after a completely average (or even less so) career in politics, what is the point of them? In fact what is the point of British Royalty? Are they not an outdated, rediculous, Anglo-imperial, out of touch means of controling public appeal? Moreover, does everyone who gets an OBE actually deserve one? If not, then they are effectively meaningless? What do you think about this topic?

I'm so glad we have Royal family.

Commoners such as myself, without the overbearing sense of righteousness and belonging that comes from being born of a high ranking family, would no doubt stutter and stammer when meeting various world dignitaries or our American overlords, disgracing and discrediting our fine nation.

They provide a very useful buffer between average working class oiks and the complex world of international backscratching and I really don't think we could do without them. What, for instance, could heal the oil-leak fuelled Anglo-American rift like a good marriage between one of our crown Princes and a Hollywood's up'n'coming starlet? If we can't have Bruce Willis sporting a Union Jack tatto and a nuclear warhead strapped to a mini-sub then this is deffo our best bet. :D

I'm so glad we have Royal family.

Commoners such as myself, without the overbearing sense of righteousness and belonging that comes from being born of a high ranking family, would no doubt stutter and stammer when meeting various world dignitaries or our American overlords, disgracing and discrediting our fine nation.

:D

You mean like The Duke of Edinburgh does?

I like the idea of marrying them all off to the Americans, as long as they start as soon as possible, with Fergie.

They could do with a bit of crusty old fringe tugging thrust upon their Godfearing, free asses.

Once they're gone, we can build a theme park based on them and feel quaintly sentimental. Like we do about the Middle Ages.

You mean like The Duke of Edinburgh does?

I like him, I say we keep him. He has entertainment value. :lol:

The rest or just a bunch of mealy-mouthed financial liabilities. Line them up and sell them off to the highest bidder. I wonder how many Million Hollywood would stump up for old Queen Bessie Mk. II?