Is feeding the Seagulls illegal ?

tlady

Gulls will consume anything, they are known for eating other birds chicks and some other small animals.

Cruel side of nature.

You can erect a line cage, a series of overhead wires spaced to stop the birds, you would have to do the sides as well.

They are very intelligent, give one a hot chip it will douse it in a puddle or skim the sea with it to cool it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

thing is wi feeding wild animals it makes a nonsense of the animals,birds etc that folk are disalusioned thinking they are helping, example, encouraging birds to nest in wholly inapproriate places. I must admit i fling chips to the scories ,which in turn likely encourages them to nest on folks roofs, sihting over everything n worstly screaching all thru the night. Pretty poor idea lucking screaching things in aboot the doors

Nothing illegal in feeding gulls. However, the council can plcae a bye-law to prevent this ie prevent feeding of the gulls. The council MUST state what area and give details of the boundry the bye law is applicable to.

The same for drinking in the street, this is a bye- law and you can request where the boundry is. Therefore step over the boundry and drink away.

we have problems with starlings raiding the chucks food.but over the last week or so we have had a lot of herring and lesser blackbacked gulls most are young nicking it as well. i would choot them but after seeing one getting chased by a hen and losing i don't have the heart.

a lot could be that they are young and hungrey.

Guest Anonymous

some of the old folk used to drape a net over sticks so the hens could go under and get fed there , but thats maybe no politically correct or whatever nowadays

• 2 months later...
Not sure if this is right topic for this ?

Does anyone know how to stop starlings from sitting on top of trampoline safety net and using it for a toilet ?

they wont go near moving reflective things, its not uncommon to see small boats in marinas with old compact discs strung up to avoid bein sh*t all over.

it doesnt take a lot of wind to rotate the cds and the reflected light scares most birds. perhaps you could fashion something similar to the net.

Not sure if this is right topic for this ?

Does anyone know how to stop starlings from sitting on top of trampoline safety net and using it for a toilet ?

they wont go near moving reflective things, its not uncommon to see small boats in marinas with old compact discs strung up to avoid bein sh*t all over.

it doesnt take a lot of wind to rotate the cds and the reflected light scares most birds. perhaps you could fashion something similar to the net.

I tryed that to keep the little flying rats and mice aka starlings and sparrows off my veg two years ago. It helped a bit but they soon overcame their fear.

As for the feeding of gulls you could always sugest to the offender that you are considering feeding rats :twisted: