Mr.Hill, a couple of points I would like to raise. Is the vehicle insured sufficiently to ensure that if you harm someone while driving within the Shetland Islands (no matter who owns them) then the person you harm will be compensated?. This is bearing in mind that many insurance companies offering insurance in what they consider to be the UK are using the fact that an otherwise perfectly roadworthy vehicle is not considered to be insured if it does not have a valid tax disc and mot certificate. And just where does President Obama come into all this?.
While I still wait for Stuart to answer my points I would like to point out that my question on insurance was based on the moral issue of having an uninsured vehicle and the possibility that anyone injured by it (including having it blown onto them if it is parked somewhere) might not get compensation for injury to themselves or damage to their vehicle.

You would probably be able to get compensation via the MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) who, in turn, would pursue the uninsured driver/owner of said vehicle.

or in other words we would be paying for his actions. As he is facing bankruptcy by his bank I very much doubt that his state has the funds to cover any injury caused.

A tree-based Up-Helly-Aa anyone ?? ;)

Barking up the wrong tree.

So the whole thing boils down to whether a vehicle has insurance. Lame given the gravity of it all.

If you worried, keep out of his way best you can. Nothing will get done here, only an official complaint would show any fortitude towards your question.

If you suspect something, or know something, do you not become partly responsible if anything were to happen?

Still, does Mr Hill have a case, of is it gonna be scuppered?

As I said, he has done his home work and you do not know if the vehicle is legal, it may be a ploy, for the gullible (not in dictionary that word) to react to and detract from the real issue that may be being pursued.

Politics and country secret stuff is wierd and sometimes don't fit what us mere mortals may think. Many things are decided in camera...

You would probably be able to get compensation via the MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) who, in turn, would pursue the uninsured driver/owner of said vehicle.

or in other words we would be paying for his actions. As he is facing bankruptcy by his bank I very much doubt that his state has the funds to cover any injury caused.

Is he?

A good part of the past year has been taken up with challenging the banks on the validity of their contracts. The relevance of this to Shetland is that, in a case with RBS, where they have had me in the Court of Session since June 2010 trying to prevent me petitioning the court for a winding-up order (so far without success), I am challenging the court's jurisdiction to hear the case since I do not live in Scotland.

He does not state what he is petitioning the court for the winding up order for. Nowhere in that does it imply a bank is trying to wind him up, it is he who is attempting to do the winding up, and the RBS is attempting to prevent him from doing so through the court. Whether he is attempting to obtain a winding up order on himself, or a winding up order on the RBS though, he does not say.

Quote Just me -- While I still wait for Stuart to answer my points I would like to point out that my question on insurance was based on the moral issue of having an uninsured vehicle and the possibility that anyone injured by it (including having it blown onto them if it is parked somewhere) might not get compensation for injury to themselves or damage to their vehicle.

:roll: I just hope his road driving skills are much better than his seamanship skills!

^^^so is Mr. Hill prepared to compensate anyone subject to the £300 excess that may apply to their claims. After all £300 is a lot of money to some people.

You can take out legal expenses cover for a small additional sum with your car insurance. They will pursue the other party for the excess on your behalf.

Wouldn't the Venerable Brian, our well-paid archivist have something to say on this whole subject?

I raised this point once before, but he was only commenting back on various subjects (not this one) with crytic 'one-liners' and so no reply was ever expected.. :(

Unless, he was ordered not too offer comment... then or now :wink:

I wonder what the 8 would make of that, if that is indeed the case :?:

As you clearly have borrowed money and are refusing to repay it. Why should you hide behind your claim of independence. Either pay what you owe or fight them on a point of law.

You mis-read my post. RBS are trying to stop me winding them up because I have an expired statutory demand on them in the sum of £25.5 million. Despite their contortions in court, they have yet to show any credible reason why I should not present a winding-up petition, but have managed to get the court to grant interim interdict preventing me doing so. The next stage of the hearing will be sometime in May. I am challenging the jurisdiction on legal grounds and on the basis that I do not live in Scotland.

On the question of insurance, the van is insured, but I have no idea whether the insurers will honour the insurance if the van is roadworthy, but without an MOT. Working on that.

^^ I still think Local Membership to be around the 8 mark.

The 682 figure probably relates to overseas investors taking a punt via a reasonabley well-thought-out website, but which can be bought and set-up without any real cost involved..

Scary also, when you see Paypal and Forvik mentioned within the same website... :shock:

^^ I still think Local Membership to be around the 8 mark.

The 682 figure probably relates to overseas investors taking a punt via a reasonabley well-thought-out website,

Can I ask, is there any substance to that belief, or is it merely unfounded personal speculation?

(I'm not one of them, I might add, I'm just averse to spurious statistics, if they arise)