^^ I still think Local Membership to be around the 8 mark.

You make some pretty sweeping assumptions about people, icepick. It may be more, it may be less, but it really is not a figure that matters, or should matter.

Some of us have expressed our support, on this forum, for Stuart taking a stand against the 'establishment'. Some of what he does I am personally unsure about, some I can see the reasons, some I remain to be convinced.

I support some of what 'goes on' in Shetland, but does that make me a 'Shetlander', a member of Shetland? No, it doesn't, and I would never pretend that I ever was, even though I have lived here for well over 30 years.

So, what I am trying to say is this is a forum for bouncing around ideas - no need to label people or pigeon-hole them - it sets folk in sides, or divisions, and that is not healthy in a small community. Witness the VE wind farm debate, and the way it has divided Shetland - a very sad state of affairs.

I would just prefer that we debate the Forvik/Stuart Hill issues without labels, and without 'stances', then we can approach it all with more open minds than would otherwise be the case?

Just saying... :D

Ok. your trying to claim 26 million from a bank why.

They are unable to provide documents to prove they did not act fraudulently in the conduct of an account. Any money I paid them was taken by fraud - all the repayments, charges and interest. I want it all back, plus 29.5% interest. They have had the use of my money and made profits using it, which are mine by law. They amount to about 100 times the amount I paid. I'm being conservative and only asking for 85 times. It soon adds up. The bank doesn't dispute my figures and take it seriously enough to hire one of the top Scottish law firms to try to stop me.

I've simply been asking questions anyone with a bank loan or credit card should ask their lender.

Oh I agree the banks will milk us of every penny they can. I wish you well on your attempt. However that has nothing to do with you independant Shetland movement.

I would suggest that if you were to aim to be more political and less attention seeking(wrong word I know).

You had the foundation for a small party with those that want seperation from Scotland and the EU. I would suggest that if you were to campaign against the rubbish that Shetland has to put up with from south and Europe then you could be on the road to something useful.

However all your stunts are not achieving the goal that you are looking for. It just annoys folk. Hence what happened to the landrover. If you get the population behind you you will win. I would think campaining in the council elections next year would be a good start.

Just think 20 or 30 years ago would you have thought that the SNP would be running Scotland.

The bank thing was brought up as a FALSE accusation, so clarification is the correct method.

Mr. Hill also stated that this case was also holding up other things he was doing.

Having no MOT does make a vehicle unsafe, it sez that it has not had a check, how many <3 year old cars drive around with faults. It is when they are new they are likley to develop faults until they are run in (you don't see that on the backs of cars "running in, please pass")

I was not an original supporter, but applaud folk who will stand up.

^^ I still think Local Membership to be around the 8 mark.

The 682 figure probably relates to overseas investors taking a punt via a reasonabley well-thought-out website,

Can I ask, is there any substance to that belief, or is it merely unfounded personal speculation?

(I'm not one of them, I might add, I'm just averse to spurious statistics, if they arise)

Any substance to that belief? - Yes...

Merely unfounded personal speculation? - No...

Averse to spurious statistics! - Me also...

:)

are you going to hand over the cash mattie or are perpetrating a fraud

im sure mattie will payup when the land can be proved to be owened by the nation of forvick and the land is sutable for planting. I thought the said isle was in an area of special scientific intrest. In which case random tree planting would be very bad for the enviroment.

• 1 month later...

I just had a yarn with a couple of girls who are in Shetland making a documentary about Forvik etc. They seem keen to hear peoples views so it might be of interest to those here to know they are in Shetland for ten days. They said they were from the documentary section of Guerilla Films so I presume that this is their contact page:

http://www.guerilla-group.com/docs/contact.html

Merc Vito, white, pretty rough. Anybody care to admit to being its previous owner, and reveal its condition when sold. Purely to establish whether other road users might be wise to give it a wide berth or not, if they meet it hidden under a thick layer or orangey-red paint, you understand.

• 4 weeks later...

@ trooter: I assume that this took place this afternoon sometime?

Impounding the old van I'd think is pretty much a foregone conclusion, I'm just surprised they've let him rumble around as long as they have. What happens after it is impounded though, should hopefully be the interesting bit.

Of course, it would be uncharitable to suspect that this little exercise had anything to do with the recently appointed Chief of the Northern Constabularly making a whistle stop visit here today, wouldn't it?!?