^I doubt he would refuse it and nobody would deny him treatment. I don't like his methods but I wouldn't like to see him come to harm be it on Commercial Street or Forewick because he was being denied treatment due to his supposed sovereign status.

I don't doubt that treatment would be offered, nor am I saying it would refused. It shouldn't be.

The point I'm making is whether Mr Hill is 'picking' which areas he'd like to be independent in?

If, say, someone went over to 'Forvik' and committed an act of arson, wiping out all his possessions - would Mr Hill expect legal support and investigation from 'outside' Forvik?

well you know what the man is surely a clown but so what at least hes making an effort whereas so many on here are just armcchair activists,

as far as im concerned the more local control and less centralised control there is on this entire planet the better and you can do it, i say you because im not a shetlander ofcoarse,

Dont look at how the sic is run as an example of how it could be they are a council not a government they are just "the toon" with too much money in such a small place where too many people know each other an people feel pressured into helping friends and family and not upsetting everyone,

The oil boom that you have enjoyed for so long just simply will not last i urge you to look up what has happend in the republic of Ireland recently as an example of how to get carried away.

All those things aside though it can be done look up st kitts and nevis on the internet they are a fully independant state made up a islands with a population of just over 50 thousand

republic of shetland - believe!

well you know what the man is surely a clown but so what at least hes making an effort whereas so many on here are just armcchair activists,

as far as im concerned the more local control and less centralised control

The last thing we need is our councillors getting more control

They could not manage a whelk stall.

Without making a cockle out of it.

as far as im concerned the more local control and less centralised control there is on this entire planet the better and you can do it, i say you because im not a shetlander ofcoarse,

Well, as an aside, if you live in Shetland and want to see Shetland move forward (in whatever direction) for the betterment of Shetland - then I'd say that makes you a Shetlander.

I do not believe Mr Hill is acting for the betterment of Shetland, I believe Mr Hill is acting for the promotion of Mr Hill and a chance to rail against 'them' (whoever 'them' may be at that time) when it suits him.

All those things aside though it can be done look up st kitts and nevis on the internet they are a fully independant state made up a islands with a population of just over 50 thousand

republic of shetland - believe!

Nope, sorry. I've been to many small 'Indepenent' islands over the years and they all have two things in common. Fantastic wealth and poverty....the only people who live in true Poverty at the moment on Shetland are on Yell.....

:D

Just a few points:

I don't find this forum very productive, so rarely look at it. I don't have the energy to get involved with all the mud slinging and armchair pontificating from folk who want to remain anonymous. If anyone wishes to correspond with me under their own name about the conclusions I have reached, I'm more than happy to do that as long as you first read and understand my research.

I have been trying for years to engage various UK 'authorities' in an attempt to get them to prove their authority, but every one has chosen to ignore me, while not providing any answers. I have had to resort to more extreme measures and break the perceived 'law' to get the current response. If you want to see the outcome, come to the court on 27th July, it's open to the public. I'm not anticipating that anything will be finally settled, but we may see the start of a process.

The truth does not depend on how many people support it. I am prepared to stand up and defend the truth as I see it.

It is not my intention to be any kind of 'leader'. I am simply doing research and making a point – it's not up to me to tell the people of Shetland what to do.

For those prepared to look, my research has long been available. For background on how Shetland got into this position, go to www.forvik.com and press the link for 'Free E-Book'. Not only did Shetland never become part of Scotland, the UK and the EU, there is no way it could legitimately have happened.

We live under an illegal regime.

Regards,

Stuart.

I have been trying for years to engage various UK 'authorities' in an attempt to get them to prove their authority.........

As I said in my previous post, railing against 'them' - whichever 'them' suits your agenda at the time. Thanks for proving my suspicion.

And you wonder why most people won't take you seriously? Good grief.

I just hope that your antics don't get portrayed by the wider media as somehow being representative of many peoples quest for a more independent Shetland. For example, I don't agree with Kavi Ugls' stance on here, but at least he has Shetland at heart and doesn't try to come up with ridiculous self-promotional stunts.

You need to decide whether you are a serious player or, as it would appear you are now, nothing more than a travelling sideshow act. For entertainment value, you are pretty good and a nothing more than a mild annoyance when you start 'playing' up off your fiefdom. On the more serious side, you're not getting anywhere. And you won't.

Just a few points:

I don't find this forum very productive, so rarely look at it. I don't have the energy to get involved with all the mud slinging and armchair pontificating from folk who want to remain anonymous. If anyone wishes to correspond with me under their own name about the conclusions I have reached, I'm more than happy to do that as long as you first read and understand my research.

I have been trying for years to engage various UK 'authorities' in an attempt to get them to prove their authority, but every one has chosen to ignore me, while not providing any answers. I have had to resort to more extreme measures and break the perceived 'law' to get the current response. If you want to see the outcome, come to the court on 27th July, it's open to the public. I'm not anticipating that anything will be finally settled, but we may see the start of a process.

The truth does not depend on how many people support it. I am prepared to stand up and defend the truth as I see it.

It is not my intention to be any kind of 'leader'. I am simply doing research and making a point – it's not up to me to tell the people of Shetland what to do.

For those prepared to look, my research has long been available. For background on how Shetland got into this position, go to www.forvik.com and press the link for 'Free E-Book'. Not only did Shetland never become part of Scotland, the UK and the EU, there is no way it could legitimately have happened.

We live under an illegal regime.

Regards,

Stuart.

Why can this 'non shetlander' to put it politely no just fork off, to put it politely, find an island somewhere in the bottom half of the UK, to put it politely and get the fork, to put it politely, out of Shetland...

What buisness has he got to come here and even though hes not going to prevail, try to change things...

Go get a peerie punt and sail back home Calamity!

I might not agree with SH 100% but I can't wait until Shetland collapses and the tumbleweed is rolling down the streets because only then will the people who laughed and mocked Stuart for at least trying to get the noose removed from our neck realise that what he wanted, and was fighting for, was no bad thing.

Laugh and mock away though.....

Am no trying to be a bad guy or anything, but if you are not from shetland, and this is your views, then we all keyn what the sooth boat is...

And if you are from shetland, shame on you for listening to this fruit cake whos eyes are bigger than his mouth.

Just a few points:

I don't find this forum very productive, so rarely look at it.

The cynic might say that was because you were finding no one who shared your point of view, which would appear to the casual observer to be a representative sample of the public at large.

I don't have the energy to get involved with all the mud slinging and armchair pontificating from folk who want to remain anonymous.

Have you asked anyone on here to identify themselves? More to the point, whenever someone has approached you in a public places in Shetland to discuss your actions, did you request their name and address before talking with them?

If anyone wishes to correspond with me under their own name about the conclusions I have reached, I'm more than happy to do that as long as you first read and understand my research.

I've read enough of your research to understand that its full of holes, and conclusions reached without a full and reasoned explanation of why those conclusions are the most appropriate.

I have no wish to get involved in a cosy private correspondence on the subject. The issues you are playing with affect everybody, if I were to get involved in any debate/discussion on the matter, I'd want it enitirely in the open and a matter of public record, so that it was available to anyone and everyone at any time, and there was no opportunity for either party to claim later "I never said that". To that end, a private discussion would only be productive if its entirity was posted here, or on some other independent site.

I have no problem identifying myself on here, many on the site know who I am already, so it makes little odds. However, are you willing to allow your half of any and all correspondence to be copy/pasted and posted here by me immediately upon receipt? If I were to do so without your express permission I believe (according to UK statute anyway) that I would be committing an illegal act, would you, or would you not choose to observe that UK statute, given that your observance of all UK statutes while locate din Shetland, is rather muddied to say the least?

I have been trying for years to engage various UK 'authorities' in an attempt to get them to prove their authority, but every one has chosen to ignore me, while not providing any answers. I have had to resort to more extreme measures and break the perceived 'law' to get the current response.

They have chosen to ignore you, IMHO, "because they can". Ergo, your approach/methods/plan/whatever are inadequate for the task at hand. You have to fight fire with fire, asking it politely not to burn you or spitting on it won't get you far.

You haven't had to reseort to more extreme measures, you've chosen to resort to different methods than previous, god knows there are a plethora of UK statutes on the books to choose from, you were spoiled for choice which one(s) you could break.

If you want to see the outcome, come to the court on 27th July, it's open to the public.

Even if I had the physical ability to be there, which I don't, I very much doubt I'd bother. More likely I'd be running a book on the outcome of that hearing, as I'm pretty darned sure what it will be.

I'm not anticipating that anything will be finally settled, but we may see the start of a process.

Good for you, you're not going to be disapointed then. As I'm quite sure both the Police and Court will consider the issue finally settled after that hearing, I am equally certain you won't.

Well, I have to admire and congratulate you on your principles at least. However, perhaps you might wish to consider that by virtue of the fact that so far only you are willing to stand up and be counted for defending your version of the truth, that perhaps your version of the truth is at least equally as flawed as the "party line" trotted out by some of your opponents.

That's fine, I'm not about to quibble with that statement, as at this point its largely academic. However, what I will quibble is that while making you point, it was fine and well for you to get up to whatever antics you pleased while you did them on your own property ie. Forewick Holm, your own backyard or anywhere else you own/lease/rent/hire/borrow/whatever. Now that you have moved on to making you point at locations of your choosing on public streets and highways, in a manner that other members of the public attempting to use them find concerning/worrying/potentially dangerous and suchlike, you should not be surprised that you are condemned and criticised by them for doing so.

In a nutshell, your site makes much of democracy, yet you are the person who has at least twice driven two different vehicles on the public highway when they were of questionable status. No one else has declared their support publically that you did this, but several have expressed their concern/opposition to you having done it. Do I need to spell out why the word "hypocrite" won't stop buzzing around in my head around this point....

P.S. Believe it or not, I do actually support your base intent. It would at the very least make for a very interesting exercise to have the U.K. establishment explain how the status quo was reached, and prove it was done by legal, fair and just means, as it should have been. What I do not, and can not support is the actions and methods you have chosen to use in an attempt to force the establishment to furnish such and explanation and proof.

What irritates me and annoys me no end, is watching your chosen methods consistently fail, and whatever local support you may have had at the start, or could have garnered in process, either desert or at least withdraw their heads to well below the parapet. Apparently as a result of also disapprovoing of your chosen course and actions and/or your apparent lack to progress of any kind, if not actual retreat.

The icing on the cake of which is that the subject has become, at local, national and international level, one of comedy and ridicule. The seriousness that it deserves has long since been lost, and who knows how, or when it may be regained.

Sorry, but for a lot of people, it has passed the point of "if you didn't laugh at it, you'd cry".

Do you really believe for one second that one portion of the UK establishment is actually ever going to openly admit that for 540 odd years the whole UK establishment has been acting illegally, without being backed in to a corner and forced to? They will squirm, they will stall, they will waffle with cartloads of b/s til the cows come home, they will use every trick in the book and a few they newly made up to buy time so that they never have to actually answer the question.

You're attempting to fight a system from within by using UK Courts as part of your process, the slowest and most inefficient method of getting answers or of changing anything. You'd best have all the aces from several decks up your sleeve if you realistically believe you will make your presence felt, never mind actually achieve anything.

To be brutally blunt, it will not matter how much "compelling evidence" you lay in front of a UK court, nor however good or persusasive your arguments may be, no court in the UK is ever going to find it your favour, they will all find for the establisment. A dog does not bite itself.

I might not agree with SH 100% but I can't wait until Shetland collapses and the tumbleweed is rolling down the streets because only then will the people who laughed and mocked Stuart for at least trying to get the noose removed from our neck realise that what he wanted, and was fighting for, was no bad thing.

Laugh and mock away though.....

Am no trying to be a bad guy or anything, but if you are not from shetland, and this is your views, then we all keyn what the sooth boat is...

And if you are from shetland, shame on you for listening to this fruit cake whos eyes are bigger than his mouth.

Why shame on me?. I'm surprised by how many folk secretly think he's right but in typical Shetland style won't come out and say it.

At least I'm prepared to state on this forum that I think there's something in what he's saying!. I haeta ask, what's du doing to help save Shetland.....?.

if I had to predict the future, I'd be very much surprised if in 100 years the population is any more than the 5000-10000 mark, 99.9% residents of Lerwick/Scalloway and the vast majority either transplants or descendants of transplants during the previous 150 years.

Interesting prediction. The first point on population size is plausible enough, though really nothing more than a guess. The second point is highly unlikely - as long as the land is suitable for rearing and growing food here people will be using it. Increasingly so in the future I'd say, particularly as oil gets harder to come by and imports become too expensive. The final point is bizarre (quite apart from the weird term 'transplants'). Where do you expect all the 'native' Shetlanders to go exactly? Are you anticipating some kind of ethnic cleansing?

... quite apart from the weird term 'transplants'

Why do you find this usage weird?

Where do you expect all the 'native' Shetlanders to go exactly?

I am also a bit curious as to why you chose to quote the word native. Surely that is superfluous, or is there some sub-text I am not understanding?