Well, I've just heard Radio Shetland's report on it and it said that when Stuart was brought back up to the courtroom the sheriff and Stuart had a 90 minute polite and detailed conversation about the issue.

The sheriff then said he would study Mr Hill's evidence tonight and report back tomorrow.

:shock:

Possible. Isn't it?

Outside of a far-fetched Hollywood courtroom drama, I'd suggest not.

I never suggested it wasn't one did i? "Possible" covers a lot of options as GR rightly pointed out :wink:

For once the roles were reversed to a degree today. Quite surprising the Sheriff reacted with such a silly line ("Do you not know who you are?") when he will have known fine well Hill couldn't use anything that defined him as a British Citizen or his root case would be effectively void.

It will be interesting to see what documents the Sheriff references tomorrow.

Shetland News report on todays proceedings HERE.

Possible. Isn't it?

Outside of a far-fetched Hollywood courtroom drama, I'd suggest not.

I never suggested it wasn't one did i?

I refuse to even consider the possibility that we're all just characters in a Hollywood courtroom drama starring Stuart Hill. It would be much too depressing.

However he only remained in the cells for 20 minutes before being called back to the court room, where the sheriff apologised for what he had said earlier.

“It’s an important matter for you, I understand that. It is easier for all of us to deal with this in a civilised way.â€

There followed a 90 minute debate between Mr Hill, Mr Mackenzie and the sheriff about the history of Shetland

similar events to the above youtube story...

Go Captain !!

Ah well, you are the moderator...

But not the one who split the thread, so I cannot comment on the specific reasoning. ;)

My bad - I meant to place a post here as well but must have previewed instead of posted. :oops:

I too googled "Freemen" and it is clear there is a quite hefty subject there in itself clearly worthy of the debate it had started, so split the thread to avoid confusion with the more narrowly defined subject of this thread..

Sorry, no conspiracy theory or nothing behind it :wink: