Hence your choice of the ever-amusing Master Picardo as your avatar? Is there any resemblance, sir? :wink:

Your humble servant

Not Robert P, I assure you, but good try (This has been asked more than once) but certainly there is a reasonably close resemblance to reality..

Or there used to be, until SH started his nonsense and began to wear me out....

I suppose your name is Basil? :)

Master Pick,

No, not Basil, sir. Although, if it was, I fear it would be more "Fawlty" than "Rathbone"! :? In truth, though, I would rather be a "Robert". :wink:

Do you mean you do not resemble Master Picardo, sir, or that it is not he who appears as your avatar?

As to others distressing you, be as a stone in a stream, sir, and allow it all to wash over you. You shall still remain, steadfast, resolute and unchanged, I am sure, after the waters have abated. :wink:

Your humble servant. :)

...but I'm obviously wrong on this one. :oops:

Not necessarily wrong. They may well have such equipment, and the proceedings may in fact have been recorded. All that is certain is that no transcription will be available. On the basis of the Sheriff's comments I would be surprised if Mr Hill's case was recorded, but it is a possibility.

Forgive my ignorance here again peeps but if the Scottish legal system is anything like the English, then the parties can request a typed transcript. These days (more usually for Crown Ct/High Ct cases), the parties' legal representatives approach an agency who, in turn, approach the Court Service for a copy of said sound file and they then transcribe the same; how quickly a transcript is turned around depends on the length of the case and if the entire court hearing is required to be transcribed.

Given the cost to the public purse, it would not be feasible to transcribe every single hearing. The exception to this relates to Coroners who usually contact virtual PAs/typing services direct and most, if not all, inquests are transcribed.

The costs are mentioned with the transcribing of Scottish Civil hearings, or rather they are not mentioned, which seems to be a debate elsewhere.

Eh? SP, tis far too early in the morning to post summat like that - either they are or aren't mentioned (mutters, mutters, mutters - thought it was wimmin that were indecisive) :wink:

The costs are paid for by the court system, quite allot of money. To get an hour of Criminal Proceedings transcribed costs over 125 pounds.

“There is no published list of costs for court transcriptions. In many instances transcriptions are requested by the court and the costs are met by the SCS. Costs will vary according to the length and complexity of each transcription. There are also instances when an individual may seek a transcription. The procedure to follow in criminal cases is provided by statute in section 94 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act 1995. In these instances the applicant is liable for payment of the transcription costs and an estimate of that charge will be provided before hand. Currently, the standard rate for the transcription of one hour of court proceedings is £126.â€

Hmm, makes you wonder now, transcripts of criminal cases are available. So it mentions... :?: :idea: Stuart Hill could ask and pay for one.

http://petercherbi.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/court-transcripts-in-scotland-prohibitive-costs-profits-are-hindering-scots-access-to-justice-say-litigants-lawyers-consumer-groups/

Master Pick,

No, not Basil, sir. Although, if it was, I fear it would be more "Fawlty" than "Rathbone"! :? In truth, though, I would rather be a "Robert". :wink:

Do you mean you do not resemble Master Picardo, sir, or that it is not he who appears as your avatar?

As to others distressing you, be as a stone in a stream, sir, and allow it all to wash over you. You shall still remain, steadfast, resolute and unchanged, I am sure, after the waters have abated. :wink:

Your humble servant. :)

It is not He, as He prefers to go where no-one has gone before.

Whereas, I just go to Conochie's for "Da Pippers"

The picture bears a a somewhat reasonable resemblance....

But dinna hing aboot the 'Street' waiting to see, or you'll appear on CCTV.

I also tried wearing a Deerstalker, but decided a 'Flat-Kep' was more suitable.

But with the bloody weather up here nowadays, a Balaclava is deemed more appropriate.

Stop Smoking or you winna be allowed into the T :lol:

I couldn't let this grand occasion go by without some kind of a mention..

You see, Sherlock happened to be Post 600 and for that, a wee cyber pressie is called for in recognition of the pipe.... :)

Borkum Riff ?

Warriors Plug ?

If any of the others, that I regularly post to/about had been number 600 - god knows what might have happened.. :)

• 3 weeks later...