Guest Anonymous

Looks like the fledgling dependency of Forvik could unfortunately be heading down the same ugly but inevitable path of the likes of Greece and Ireland..

The IMF are concerned about an outstanding debt and without a funding package, It could spell disaster to the economy of the tiny nation should foreclosure be called for.

Sorry, Did I say IMF?.. I meant RBS :roll:

The bankruptcy hearing tomorrow is only the start. Wait till the IRS look into the international 'funding package' that hasn't been declared.. Then the ship'll really be on the rocks!

(oh no. call the coastguard)

Guest Anonymous
From the Forvik Newsletter:-

I'm back in court on Tuesday! This is a collection agency for RBS. I lost a case against them in the High Court where I was after them for an expired statutory demand. Those were early days and I lost due to inexperience, even though I had a good case. It didn't matter at the time because I knew that to get their costs (£11,500) they would have to come after me in the Sheriff Court here in Lerwick, which is what they've done. What I didn't expect was that it would be for a bankruptcy petition - so a lttle extra edge this time!

These are civil proceedings as against the criminal proceedings last time - will be interesting to see the difference. Hey ho.

Maybe I don't read this right.. To me it looks like Mr Hill concocted this whole sad deception in a vain attempt to evade paying a debt..

It's been a rather pathetic tantrum but hopefully once he's been forced to take his medicine, He'll 'row off' and maybe occupy an oilrig somewhere!

Guest Anonymous

^^ Absolutely he was wrong!.. He thought he could get away with not paying what he owed on a technicality.. Wrong!

It's easy to see from the Forvik newsletters (that have turned from a progress update to a personal journal with a hint of 'Oh, how I'm being victimised' added), He is bricking it at the thought he might not worm out of this!

I'm interested to see what his next step will be.. I'll bet he tries to play the 'You ungrateful Shetlanders. I tried to help you win independence and you won't help me out?', card.

Time to move on Mr Hill!

Guest Anonymous

^^ Surely that means that he has to declare any and all estate/income?.. Including donations made from the Forvik brigade (if any)?

And does it mean that.. Not only do any financial supporters eventually get to realise what they've bought into but any moneys deposited from here go directly to paying off his debt? :? :P :D

O how I laughed....

^^ Surely that means that he has to declare any and all estate/income?.. Including donations made from the Forvik brigade (if any)?

And does it mean that.. Not only do any financial supporters eventually get to realise what they've bought into but any moneys deposited from here go directly to paying off his debt? :? :P :D

O how I laughed....

It also means (If I am correct in my thoughts) that he cannot (as a bankrupt) hold any position that collects monies for charities or fundraising of any sort.

Guest Anonymous
Self-Styled

You missed out.. Self opinionated, Selfish, Self promoting and least but not last.. Self to blame!

I would presume that he's already composed his letter to the press about how his campaign to 'free' Shetland has left him pennyless and bankrupt!

These people know how to bleed the press.

The sad thing about this is that an offer could have been made. 11 grand is not really a huge debt. He could risk any pension he has,

Now, his option is to appeal to a court he thinks has no jurisdiction.

The comedy was there...

As a matter of international law, Scottish courts and Scottish lawmakers have undisputed jurisdiction, and I don’t see how I can competently make a ruling that I’m sitting here incompetently.

LINK

If this keeps going, there could be a film?

It would be a fantastic film if it all went his way. So on that note, I do wish him luck.

Although it may be a few hundred years too late.

I hope the bills owed do not have any relation to his yachting experiences.