Top Darts Players coming to Shetland

Gazza8

Is there any chance of this paying for its self ?

Im just suprised this is on considering the current financial climate and the fact that the SRT is heavily subsidised by the SIC , And we all know that the council is looking to save as much money as possible and with future cuts in budget and expenditure is this event really a good idea at the moment ?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they sell enough tickets it will easily pay for its self. Tickets are £50 a pop for a full day and the corp tickets are aboot £125 (sorry canna mind exact figure). Clickimin can had 750 seated so if it was a sell oot based only on full day tickets dat wid be £37500! I ken dir are loads o corp tables so da extra dir payin should mak up for any shortfall in ticket sales. Costs would be players & tech equipment plus da food & drink for da 2 hour break for da corporate tables. An I'm sure Clickimin will no charge demselves a hire fee! :wink:

Dir is also da profit Clickimin will make on aabody havin a dram or 2 ower da day/night! :shock: :wink:

Theres also the flights and digs for 2 nites and the mc , costs for bar staff , catering staff , extra security , the clean up after , so they will need to sell a lot of drink and grub

Phil might command a £5000 fee, but the others are a lot cheaper.

You have to remember that Phil Taylor is the best darts player the world has ever seen, the history books will back up that statement 100%, so you don't expect him to do things like this for free.

The other players fee's will be somewhere between £1-3k each, only an educated guess.

The tournament has also been sponsered by some local companies.

I would nearly make a small wager that the bar takings for the day will nearly cover the players appearence fee's.

Guest Anonymous
I would be very surprised if it had been arranged without some sort of cost/benefit analysis taking place beforehand

I would be very surprised if any thought at all went into the cost/benefit of this it is a rec trust event after all, still I enjoyed the nights that beachcaster put on in the burra hall and reckon this will be just as good

I had a brilliant day/night on Saturday :D

Unfortunately though I also have to say some of the organisation was a shambles! (and when I say unfortunately I do mean dat)

Couple of suggestions incase Clickimin do get them up here again:

1. If you can't sell tins of lager & cider in the bar have somebody joost constantly pulling pints and filling 'feeder' trays that the bar staff can take from. Also a queueing system would have been good. It took ages to get served & this was mainly because of having to wait for staff to pull pints.

2. The caterers need to be much more prepared for folk eating at the break - thank heavens most folk had booked a meal somewhere else as the staff couldn't cope who they did have to serve. There joost simply wasn't enough prep and the 2 staff they had on joost couldna cope. (this, by the way, was the food in the bar - although I believe the folk that had shelled oot twice da price for corporate entertaining had a long wait when they ran oot of food for them too!)

3. When drawing a raffle make sure you read out the serial numbers and also keep the winning ticket that has been drawn oot - this will save many, many folk with the same numbers on their same coloured tickets trying to claim a prize! Also having a member of staff at the door to talk to all the folk waiting to claim their prizes would have been good! :shock: (I do wonder how many extra prizes the Clickimin staff had to try an get from the players to appease the amount of folk that had 'winning' tickets??!)

As I said to start off with I had a brilliant time and this was due to the fantastic atmosphere in the hall - everbody seemed to be having a great time. And even walking hame in the drizzle didn't dampen the spirits! :D

The waiting time at the bar was a joke! Everyone was just pushing in with no proper queue. Once you got your drink you had to fight your way back through the crowd trying not to spill it. If they just had a couple of staff constantly pulling pints and some roped off queuing it would have saved a lot of time and effort.

The tournament itself was excellent and the atmosphere was great, its just a pity we had to spend some much time being buslted around in the bar trying to get a drink!

Acillat - you missed the point of this. (I waited till this morning before posting so that it didn't sound like a rant in the heat of the moment.) As I said - it is a suggestion to make things easier on all involved if it happens again. It was joost vexing when you had to queue for between 20-30 mins for a drink and miss what was going on in the main hall - after all that's what we'd paid our pennies to see.

And you're right, everybody I spoke to there (and afterwards too) said what a fantastic day it had been but most of them had the same moan aboot da bar.