Scalloway hall under investigation

sharney houghs

I don't see anything in that article that says it is to do with finances, or that anyone has been suspended on pay.

It seems to be more to do with the Trust having no Trustees and the hall having no management comittee. No accounts have been submitted, but then if there are no Trustees and no Comittee, who is there to submit any?

my opinion?

I think you are right muppet, and im quite sure that all that has happened was a committee who have worked tirelessly for a number o years wi da hall have just got a bit "lazy" with the paperwork. :?:

It (the hall) just needs a new committee to give the older committee a rest fae it...long time needed i think. :)

I'm not surprised to hear that due to rumours i have been hearing for years, but it is a shame that the Hall has been dragged down to that level by the previous management.

How can you be "lazy" with important things like financial paperwork. I could call it incompetence at best, possibly criminal at worst, but it is not my place to judge as that is what the Sherriff/Taxman will probably have to do after the investigators have done their job.

Sometimes committees can end up with one or two long serving members who start to think that they own the Hall and don't like new blood coming in and trying to change things even when most of the changes would be for the better. Could that be the case here?

Hopefully a new enthusiastic & younger management committee will go in and turn the Hall around and get the place up and running the way it should be.

I know from personal experience that it can be a thankless job, and an unpaid job at that as all the positions on the committee are unpaid.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...