George Robertsons / Old Smith and Harpers

Guest Raven007

Guest Raven007

Does anyone else think that geordie robertsons should move their shop to the old smith and harpers premises , i think it would boost thier buisness and they could sell the old shop for flats to help with some much needed housing, or could anyone think of an other use for the Smith and Harpers Shop and no takeaways please , i think we have plenty of them already !

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raven007

No i dont agree about the parking whats wrong with people that they cant walk anywhere these days and i think the golden roaches old place should be used as a house, it would be stupid for them to operate two places so close, and i really hope the old s&h is not a pub or a hairdressers or a takeaway

Geordie Robertsons shop has very little overheads at the hillhead they used to sell about 50 washing machines a month i was told. Dont know how many now , more i would think. If they can have the biggest share of the market in shetland from the small site at the hillhead they would be mad to move. It does seem a shame that Smith & Harpers shop has been empty for so long. It make a good shop for Chris Hodge if he upgraded his stock quality.

Lerwick ....answer this how do you think the business has no Over heads did they get the business for nothing didn't think so a colossal bank loan I would think??!! Also buiseness rates,insurance,rubbish collection,vans,wages just to name a few I'd imagine a business owner myself,different line of business but same principles Ghostrider they don't 're-sell' appliances get your facts right before you post garbage

I'd imagine the time and effort of stripping down old nackered appliance isn't good business sense if you ask me,would you re-use second hand bits? Bit dodgy if you ask me,some people on this forums think they no facts when they clearly don't so if you don't no the facts don't comment in my opinion,which am entitled too last i checked.xxx

You'd 'imagine'? No need. You'll find there's a thriving trade in reconditioned parts for all sorts of systems, including washing machines, cars, etc. Why pay hundreds for a new circuit or motor when you can get a perfectly good second hand one? Go on... Google it ;)

some people on this forums think they no facts when they clearly don't

Arf!