Bargains from Lerwick Shops

lerwick

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased a new Dyson vacuum cleaner from Dodie Robertsons recently. It was cheaper than Comet and the Dyson website.

A well run shop, offering a very good service by enthusiastic young owners who have turned around the business into a shop well worth visiting.

You'd have to be in a supermarket to find a bargain in Lerwick! Many of the items in Lerwick shops can be found on the internet for 3/4s of the price!

Well any chance you could come with some examples and then we'll know which shops to avoid? :shock:

You'd have to be in a supermarket to find a bargain in Lerwick! Many of the items in Lerwick shops can be found on the internet for 3/4s of the price!

Well any chance you could come with some examples and then we'll know which shops to avoid? :shock:

all shops in lerwick are way too overpriced, internet shopping saves me a fortune every year

all shops in lerwick are way too overpriced, internet shopping saves me a fortune every year

Unfortunately it's this sort of attitude that is putting the Lerwick Town Centre at risk I believe.

There are several local retailers who work very hard. For example, Stirrer mentions Geordie Robertsons who have competitive prices.

I do agree that a number of local retailers need to up their game but saying all the retailers are overpriced is rather unfair and very damaging to those that are making the effort.

Not "recently" but perhaps relevant. A few years back I was looking to buy a particular guitar and had done the usual online search. To my surprise Lerwick's very own "High Level Music" beat every other quote. Accordingly, even though I wasn't living here then, I purchased it and took it away. That was while Peter had the shop, but I haven't heard anyone moaning about Brian's pricing, so worth remembering that local can be competitive.

Unfortunately it's this sort of attitude that is putting the Lerwick Town Centre at risk I believe.

There are several local retailers who work very hard. For example, Stirrer mentions Geordie Robertsons who have competitive prices.

I do agree that a number of local retailers need to up their game but saying all the retailers are overpriced is rather unfair and very damaging to those that are making the effort.

im sorry but if i can get the same thing elsewhere for cheaper then i will, nowt wrong with that as most of us aint got money to roll around in. i dont understand why everything on this island is more that double the price it is on the mainland. if shops in shetland want my buisness then they could all lower their prices a fair bit so i dont have to look elsewhere. on a side note the selection of electronics especially is very very poor up here. i will do a deal with you though.... you pay the extra for an item i want and i wont buy off the net. otherwise stfu

Guest Raven007

Some give good value for money , but some dont so heres my opinion of the best and worst

Best

1. Geordie Robertsons

2. JR Whites

3. J Burgess

Worst

1. Harrys

2. Bolts Home Vision/Electrical

3. LBC Furniture

Bobby bayes picture framing would be hard to compete with on price and service. Not a service that you could get from Tesco.

Does Bobby Bayes ever sell anything the time im been in or walked past yun hefty man we da frush o wiskers is been in yarning im never even seen him come oot we onything... :roll: