Airgun shooting

gafynandrew

I'm thinking about buying an air rifle off the internet to take up hunting/target shooting again but I'm not too sure of the laws concerning this.

Is it right that I'd have to have it delivered to a registered gun supplier such as the Rod & Line or Cee & Jay's? In that case does anyone know what they would charge for commission? Or can I have it delivered right to my door?

Thanks you guys! Very helpful!

Just as a matter of interest, I have my heart set on a Theoben Evolution (legal limit version). Any thoughts on it? I had a weihrauch HW 90 years ago and I liked the theoben gas ram system that was fitted to it as standard hence the reason why I'm thinking of getting the Evolution.

I got the air arms 410 carbine a few years back excellant gun. At the time i purchased it, it had been the top air gun for a few years and i think it held this spot for a total of 4-5 years. Also with the 10 shot magazine it was quick and easy to load. But i would advise you to purchase or scran an old divers bottle for filling the gun i wouldn't recommend the manual pump :~(.

im my eyes not alot can beat weihrauch, but the gun you mentioned seems to be really good and its reviews online are amazing. its a very good choice

Yup, Weihrauch have arguably given more to the world of air guns than any other maker beginning with the HW 35 and HW 77. I think both are still in production today, decades after they were first introduced and the rekord trigger is the best mass produced trigger unit on the market in my opinion. :)

just been to cee & jays today asking the same question. was told they have a £25.00 handling charge but are happy to help.

Ewen Johnston doesn't charge any handling fee's. I ordered the gun the first of this week.

As it's made to order, it takes 5-6 weeks for delivery. I'm really looking forward to getting it, I ordered a 4-12x mountmaster illuminated reticule telescopic sight for it, that should be arriving tomorrow. :)