Seven Eleven Style Shop In lerwick

akwan

Having recently returned from a holiday in Norway , where i was renting self catering accomidation , i had a seven eleven just up the road and it was brilliant , open 24hours a day with all the essentials and snacks that you could ask for as well as magazines , dvds , phone cards, it was hell of a handy and you do use it late at night quite often, Surley there has to be a market for a small shop like this in Lerwick ?

The south end definitely benefits from having the Levenwick shop open at ungodly hours, when I was a young chap I usually stopped the taxi so I could get some lucozade and a curly wurly to stave off the hangover, never worked.

Only problem with having a 24/7 shop in Lerwick is it'll be surrounded by bairns, drunks or drunk bairns and that's not very inviting to someone wanting to nip in for a loaf of bread at 1am on their way back from a late shift.

Well people have to learn to drink responsibly and if they decided to harass the customers or staff in a 24hr shop , im sure the police would be notified , as for the bairns they should be tucked up in bed at a respectable time of nite according to thier age and they certainly shouldnt be drunk , however i know it happens and its a serious problem here in the isles , but it shouldnt prevent us getting the services we require. But i dont think we will be getting a 24hr shop anytime soon but if we did i think the best place would be near the harbour to get the trade from sailing boats and other vessels , Don leslies ?

Guest don't know
...they do say on thier sign at the entrance that they are open from 6am till 11pm...

Does the big sign at the entrance not say 6am - midnight?

I believe that is what they're planning to be open in the near future.

quite a few shops already open strange hours like lochside stores sure he opens at 6am and Alex morriosons hes open till 11 so is grantfield wouldnt take much for either of these to stay open 24/7.

i aggree i also use late opening shops in norway and all over the world inc aberdeen - in norway there is a lot your right usally if theres a hotel nearby you will find one. handy for ppl on shifts