^^

I agree with that. Sweetcorn should always be sown in blocks to aid pollination. If you shake the plants, the "dust" falling onto the threadsthen be pollinated. Try also to ensure that the temperature is not excessively high in the tunnel.

Thanks everyone - still no wiser as they are grown in a block but there isn't anything with pollen on just 6 - 8 feet of healthy stalks & leaves. It does get hot but both ends open & sweetcorn last year under simmilar conditions was fine???

I wonder if this is just the general inconsistency of growing things in the polytunnels. I grew some terrific courgettes last year but most of them are rotting very quickly this year yet I have done exactly the same thing but grown them in a different spot this season. I will just have to shrug my shoulders and try again next year.

• 4 weeks later...

Its a bit late for this year but if it happens again next year I would guess its to much nitrogen feed. Try giving them a watering with tomato food to encourage 'flowering'. Giving the plants a wee shake as you are passing once you have got them flowering also a good idea. I do it with my tomatoes and it definately helps the plants set more fruit. :wink: