Dolphin Trainers Wanted

GeorgeK

Most of you who may not know me, i am a Fully Qualified Professional Dolphin Trainer. I worked in Florida for a few years and have recently moved to the Shetlands with my wife who is Orcadian.

I am looking into starting my own business. Shetland Dolphin Pool Ltd.

My aim is to have a small aquarium where tourists and of course you Shetlinkians can come and see the dolphins and possibly some other aquatic beings.

Personally, i believe we can make the Shetlands a better place, through dolphins.

Any individuals who would care to be a part of this life changing experience please get in touch. gkippets@gmail.com

Thanks

George K

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no dolphinariums in the UK and gaining permission for one would be near impossible due to current legislation. I won't go into my personal opinions of such practices, however, I can assure you that any attempts to starting such a business would be heavily opposed by a number of bodies.

Some interesting reading

Why there are no captive dolphins in the UK (Born Free)

Dolphins in captivity

Captivity free UK

Dolphin escape bid

Whale and dolphin conservation society

Most of you who may not know me, i am a Fully Qualified Professional Dolphin Trainer. I worked in Florida for a few years and have recently moved to the Shetlands with my wife who is Orcadian.

Errr, here's lesson 1 for people who've moved to Shetland.

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=663&highlight=shetlands

Dolphinarium in Shetland - good luck, you'll need it.

Errr, here's lesson 1 for people who've moved to Shetland.

http://www.shetlink.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=663&highlight=shetlands

Dolphinarium in Shetland - good luck, you'll need it.

I don't want to cause a fuss or anything by all means. But i really don't see the problem in calling it the Shetlands. Personally i feel it gives it a bit of character.

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/go/uk/shetlands/#cr

I don't want to cause a fuss

Why is it that whenever anyone says they do not want to cause a fuss, they either (a) have just caused one, or (B) are about to do so. It is like the expression "with all respect..." which is only ever used just before something disrespectful is said. :roll:

But i really don't see the problem in calling it the Shetlands. Personally i feel it gives it a bit of character.

Fine. Just go ahead. In the same way I'm sure a number of people will see no problem in calling you a troll, or worse.

I don't want to cause a fuss

Why is it that whenever anyone says they do not want to cause a fuss, they either (a) have just caused one, or (B) are about to do so. It is like the expression "with all respect..." which is only ever used just before something disrespectful is said. :roll:

But i really don't see the problem in calling it the Shetlands. Personally i feel it gives it a bit of character.

Fine. Just go ahead. In the same way I'm sure a number of people will see no problem in calling you a troll, or worse.

Like i said i don't want to cause a fuss. But its my own personal opinion, is there such a crime in this world in having an opinion?

But i do believe however that a Troll is Norwegian, i like to think of myself as more of a Trow (i believe thats how they say it in the Shetlands)

in whit world cin a dolphin aquareum mak shetland better?

its no da shetlands. dont try tae come here n tell local fok whits right n whit isna.

Being from south, i don't mean to be rude and i'm sorry but i couldn't really understand that comment, do you mind re-typing that.