Private let

Bryando

Guest CyprusPluto

Private lets are usually advertised on this site or in the local papers.

Another way is for you to put an advert in the local paper - Shetland News or Shetland Times.

Local Estate Agents don't usually have rental properties

Hope you can find something although I do think you'll have trouble finding anything one bedroom for under £500 p/m!

Cheers

I used to live in a shared house in Lerwick and I used to pay an insane amount of money.

Then I bought a flat, and now it costs even more money :cry:

Why such stupid money for a one bed place!? I could get cheaper for Glasgow and in my area(Ayrshire). I assume it is down to demand various other factors?

Think this will really place a block on us as I would not feel good paying this amount per month for a one bedroom place.

another option is a swap as we currently live in a council place. However we've tried this months ago via Home swapper and found that the people in shetland wish to move within Shetland. So that draw a blank.

Never thought of that.

However unsure what Tenancy agreement be.

Rather annoying that the idea of moving for 6 months to discover if we wish to move up all together is looking rather bleak.

I assume the housing register with the council will be jam packed? Somewbody told me to just go and declare homeless!!! As I have medical issues they have to cover me by Law.

That option is not one that appeals.