Used Car Market

Guest SJP17

Maybe I was lucky, bought a car from a dealer on his trust and got it delivered to Aberdeen without seeing it. Had been looking for a specific model for quite a while and a bargain came up, an ex demo at a bargain price. Bought it and never looked back, the garage were more than helpful and 100% honest. Even though they're in Bradford I'll look first at them again

Which garage was that in Bradford?

http://www.jct600.co.uk/dealerships/peugeot_bradford/

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate of mine bought an Audi A8 2.0 TDi off ebay, unseen except for pics and description. It was quite high mileage so he got it at a good price. It was absolutely immaculate as it was nearly all motorway miles. Cracking car and saved himself THOUSANDS over what it would have cost here if he could have got one at all!

A friend of mine was offered 3 thousand for his car as a trade in he haggled and got 4 . The next day it was outside the garage with a price of 5500 pounds on it. A usefull tool when changing your car is the glasses used car price guide, the Vauxhall website provides access to it for all makes of cars.

Had a similar experience. I tried to sell a car privately to get a discount on the "New" one. Tried it right down to the £3000 the garage had offered. No takers so I traded it in. Again, next day it was outside the garage with a sticker for £3,800 and it sold inside a week. I met the woman who had bought it in the co-op car park and asked her why she hadn't bought it from me for £3,000. She said it was because the garage would give her a warranty, 3 months in her case. I told her I could have given her 3 YEARS warranty for £800. She asked how someone who is not a garage can give a warranty so I told her it's just an insurance policy you can buy off the internet, with www.warrantydirect.co.uk being one I have used in the past for breakdown cover. The only fly in the ointment is that you have to have had the car serviced at a recognised garage, preferably a dealer, which eats into the cake a bit, but may be a way to shift a car that's not attracting any interest. The ironic twist to this one was that the radiator started leaking a week after the 3 months was up.

What i do is i make an offer of what im willing to pay to the garage or private seller , usually several hundred below thier asking price and i always offer cash , if they dont like the price too bad ! i dont move on my price , sooner or later you get someone who wants a quick sale !

I know of a few people that have used ARL logistics to transport cars to Aberdeen. I bought a car from Arnold Clark a few years back they delivered it free to Aberdeen and put it to the boat i didnt have to leave Shetland. They have a good selection of fully guaranteed cars on their website much less hassle than buying localy. They will also take a trade in you can send down on the boat for them to pick up.