Driveway tarring?

banzai

Guest Anonymous

just as long as you don't use the red chips the council buy for ungraded roads I can not understand why the council buys in this totaly useless sharn when they already own the scord quarry and the drive I did with 40mm to dust from there more than 20year ago is still good yet the bit the council did with the red sharn needs the pot hole filled after every rain

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

bairns , you're no faain oot ower brigstenns are you , all i know is theres plenty sideroads n well used side roads north that are basically whats called spoil nowadays properly compacted n all its ever had is layers of hot spray tar n chippings, only a fule would tar a bog, think my advice would be listen ta common sense

Preparation is the key....

Build it like the romans did, they only had big horses and carts but theit roads still survive today.

I personally would use set stones and seal them with tar.

Dont use them wee red blocks, all of them round here are mouldy and the silica sand has washed oota dem, weed growing through them

Guest Anonymous
Preparation is the key....

Build it like the romans did, they only had big horses and carts but theit roads still survive today.

I personally would use set stones and seal them with tar.

Dont use them wee red blocks, all of them round here are mouldy and the silica sand has washed oota dem, weed growing through them

they also had expendable free labour, no landfill tax, and no artificially high diesel costs, but yes the principal is commendable & correct. None of the reputable local contractors will leave a bad job i doot, well rolled hard base , properly solid done immediately prior to surfacing , n surface as choice n budget permits , carriageway n driveway are hardly the same, most driveways see 1 car once a day

I think you are missing the point Shetlandpeat, the original post for this thread only asked for companys in shetland who could tar there drive way and you are recomending that they constructed it to highway standards.

[and you are taking this ever so seriously]

Some one has to as you seem to have no Conscience on how much you recomend people spend for what can be a simple job, as someone has already point in your direction [a little knowledge can be dangerous].