Cricket (Indoor) - 'Come And Try' Sessions

wally jumblat

The Shetland Cricket Association's indoor winter league will be starting in a few weeks time. The indoor league is 6-a-side, with games lasting an hour each. It is pretty much the cricketing equivalent of 5-a-side indoor football.

If anyone is interested in getting involved there will be 'come and try' sessions on Sunday 12 September and Sunday 19th September between 1:30pm and 3:30pm in the Anderson High School games hall.

Whether you've played before or not you'll be more than welcome. We hope to see you there.

hope it's friendlier than it was, when we moved up had an excited child as her cricket club was winding up for the winter and cricket was just starting up here. one vist up to the Anderson and she swore she was never going again. Found it mystifying, as she'd been so happy all summer long play with serious players (MMBC is full of South Africans/New Zealanders/Pakistanis etc) and she was put off by toonie brats with 1 visit

Hi MJ,

Really sorry to hear about your bad experience. I don't have any personal involvement with the junior side of things, so can't really make any comment. However, if you want to PM me some details (e.g. when this took place, what actually happened) I'll certainly pass this on to whoever is/was in charge of the juniors.

Cheers