Does anyone have Manson's Guide to Shetland?

Fifi

Does anyone have a copy of Manson's Guide to Shetland from the 1930s that I could borrow asap please which has an advert for the St Magnus (Bay) Hotel, Hillswick? Need it pretty urgently. (hubby's in town today and could collect it.. ;))

I put the Northmavine chapter up on the Northmavine community website a few years back - http://www.northmavine.com/mansonsguide1.htm - and now a film company wants a higher resolution image for a TV programme. Unfortunately I can't get the copy I borrowed before. If the film company can get the image emailed to them for Monday, they'll donate £50 to the NCDC. (Northmavine Community Development Company.)

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

http://www.northmavine.com/images/Manson%27s%20Guide%20to%20Shetland/mansons2.jpg

Hi Fifi - I am just back from a day's debating in the west and have only just seen this - did your scan work out? I have the 1938- 40 edition and the page looks just like that except instead of the name of the manager it says North of Scotland Orkney and Shetland Steam Navigation Coy Ltd.

Happy to try to help another time if you needed :)

Typed all that last night and it would not post at all – same thing happened twice last week but this time I was trying to be helpful rather than just commenting! Today have tried opening Shetlink in IE rather than Firefox and it seems as though it might work in that so am posting this from IE browser. Odd.

• 1 month later...