Time to enter the real world(ish)

My careers advice was terrible. I understand the careers officer is no longer in that role due to an article in the Shetland Times a few years back.

Careers Officer - "Paisley do this computing course"

Me - "No, I don't want to go to Paisley"

Careers Officer - "or James Watt college"

Me - "No, Abertay's computing courses are amongst the best in the country and Dundee is accepted as the Computer Games capital of Scotland. I feel the best options for my future employment lie in that area"

Careers Officer - "...but Paisley"

**thumps head off desk**

She was my sister's careers officer too, upon realising the link she asked how I was getting on. When my sister replied "fine" she looked surprised and said "Really? He alway struck me as a bit feckless". Cow.

She was my sister's careers officer too, upon realising the link she asked how I was getting on. When my sister replied "fine" she looked surprised and said "Really? He alway struck me as a bit feckless". Cow.

Sounds about right. Some of the AHS guidence / careers advisors are supposed to be great, although I appear to have missed them. I remember a certain teacher who couldn't give a damn about your average student and would display obvious contempt towards you unless you were on his football team. I still hate his guts to this day!