What happend to the under 21 parish cup?

braveheart

The Under 21 Parish Cup is a great tournament and its a shame that it hasn't been played this summer either as a one day 7 a side tournament or as an 11 a side knockout tournament.

I don't know what is happening with it this year but hopefully something will be properly organised for next years tournament.

its sad that it hasnt been played the fact that it will be missed for a year is a shame as a group of players will be unable to play as its there last year.

Raises questions on why decistion not to play the cup was taken was it lack of teams or numbers?????

thats the only reasons i can think of??

Real shame that this tournament has fallen by the way-side. I understand that the Summer months are short enough in Shetland for the games that have to be played, but there must be an opportunity sometime, to play what is one of the most important and unique tournaments in Shetland football.

Isn't there an opportunity to play some of the games on week nights through the season, with the final only being at the weekend?

Having played in, and won this couple on a couple of occasions, I would hate to see it go the way of the Dodo!

I can send you a list of committee contacts if you want DGP might be an idea to talk to players from the clubs who are not already involved running the teams but have an interest in the under 21 teams and see what you can come up with and then put it to the committee at their AGM.