Flybe/Loganair 72-hour sale: 25% off fares to/from Shetland

wabbit

Just got this email..

"FLYBE LAUNCHES 72-HOUR SALE FROM SHETLAND

25% OFF THE FARE FOR EVERY SEAT ON EVERY FLIGHT

Flybe is launching a September Sale this weekend with 25% off all fares on every seat on every flight to and from Shetland.

This offer is for bookings made from Friday morning (24 September) until midnight on Sunday (26 September) and is valid on every Flybe flight operated by Loganair from Shetland to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness and Kirkwall. The discount applies to the fare element and it is in addition to the 40% discount available through the Air Discount Scheme for registered ADS scheme members via www.flybe.com/ads.

This offer is available on every flight – there’s no need to travel between specific dates in order to qualify for the discount, as the fare for every single one of our seats on these three routes has been reduced by 25%. It’s an ideal opportunity to book a trip, whether you’re flying to Aberdeen to see friends, to Glasgow to see Sheryl Crow or Van Morrison at the SECC and have a shopping trip to Silverburn whilst you’re there, visit relatives in Inverness, see the Scottish Opera in Edinburgh or fly to Orkney. Including ADS discount and the extra 25% off every fare on every flight, you can now fly to Aberdeen for as little as £23.35 one-way including all taxes if you book before midnight on Sunday evening.

So don’t delay – book today at www.flybe.com or www.flybe.com/ads for Air Discount Scheme members. We look forward to welcoming you aboard a Flybe flight operated by Loganair in the near future"

I got the email too as well as wabbit, and this is what mine says

FLYBE LAUNCHES 72-HOUR SALE FROM SHETLAND

25% OFF THE FARE FOR EVERY SEAT ON EVERY FLIGHT

Flybe is launching a September Sale this weekend with 25% off all fares on every seat on every flight to and from Shetland.

This offer is for bookings made from Friday morning (24 September) until midnight on Sunday (26 September) and is valid on every Flybe flight operated by Loganair from Shetland to Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness and Kirkwall. The discount applies to the fare element and it is in addition to the 40% discount available through the Air Discount Scheme for registered ADS scheme members via www.flybe.com/ads.

This offer is available on every flight – there’s no need to travel between specific dates in order to qualify for the discount, as the fare for every single one of our seats on these three routes has been reduced by 25%. It’s an ideal opportunity to book a trip, whether you’re flying to Aberdeen to see friends, to Glasgow to see Sheryl Crow or Van Morrison at the SECC and have a shopping trip to Silverburn whilst you’re there, visit relatives in Inverness, see the Scottish Opera in Edinburgh or fly to Orkney. Including ADS discount and the extra 25% off every fare on every flight, you can now fly to Aberdeen for as little as £23.35 one-way including all taxes if you book before midnight on Sunday evening.

So don’t delay – book today at www.flybe.com or www.flybe.com/ads for Air Discount Scheme members. We look forward to welcoming you aboard a Flybe flight operated by Loganair in the near future.

Maybe all is not as it seems?!

Have found out this email came directly from Air discount, and it says prices will not be available til Friday morning....So guess you can't price up til tomoro.

I see the Western isles had a similar sale a few weeks ago...

And it does say in the email to and from Shetland if you read the post properly

:D

did anybody try to book one of those discount flights?

Well I did, but... you get to the end of the booking process without any discount shown :? Who wants to press the last button? I don't want to end up with a regular fare...

With 25% off I might take the plane instead of the North boat but no "blind" booking...

did anybody try to book one of those discount flights?

Well I did, but... you get to the end of the booking process without any discount shown :? Who wants to press the last button? I don't want to end up with a regular fare...

With 25% off I might take the plane instead of the North boat but no "blind" booking...

The price you see on the booking page (ADS) seems to have the discount already applied, I compared the prices I saw on Thursday to what they are now.

But to get the prices sharalee99 is quoting you need to get the first AM flight a good few weeks in advance on a quiet day from what I can gather from trying a few dates.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the best Flybe thread for this rant, but here goes...

I found the flight I wanted, on the date I wanted, at the price I wanted. BUT...

After 3 attempts to replace my password, which I hadn't forgotten but their system wouldn't recognise, I think that Northlink will get my business. Even if the boat doesn't sail and the whole trip turns into a shambles, at least I'll have the satisfaction that Flybe's screwed-up online system lost them a customer.

Rant terminated. :D

Has anybody else had issues with password recognition on Flybe?