Skateboarding

Ally

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who all thinks shetland needs a skatepark, because now there is alot more bikers and little skater bois :P

I certainly do, and somewhere central too, not hidden away in the outskirts. I never became proficient, but I love to watch talented skateboarding.

Guest Anonymous

^^

JHC on a Honda, ain't this subject been done to death before now.

There was a previous thread on the subject, which was about as popular as tits on a bull.

Skateparks = Numpties

Enough said. :twisted:

Nah Nah Nah, skateparks aint for numpties its for kids + adults to go practive there bike or skateboarding skills and so that road users that get annoyed with us and people complaining that walls and that is getting broken. And somethings are starting to et done about it as there is a meeting this tuesday 6.30 at isleburgh. Any1 welcome.

I'm afraid I don't agree with your mentality Shetland112.

Just because there is no where for us to offically go it does not condone the damage done to property even though it is accidental.

I haven't read all this thread and shall do soon but.

A skatepark will happen.

Auld Rasmie. I don't understandyour statement.

Could you expand?

Skateparks are fantastic places for folks off all age groups to gather and to enjoy a common interest.

All the parks I have been too south hae been great places for meeting new folks, teaching younger and older ones alike and also to instill a bit of respect onto others; Anti litter, respecting others etc.

Michael

• 1 year later...

Skatepark AGM tonight.

''Just a quick note to let you know that the Shetland Skatepark AGM will take place on Monday 28 February, at 6.30pm in Islesburgh Community Centre, Drama Room. This will be followed by an open meeting to discuss how best to progress the development of a skatepark facility in Lerwick.

On behalf of Shetland Skatepark Association, can I ask for your support in spreading word of this meeting to young people you come in contact with. Feel free to forward or print off the attached poster - or post on facebook etc....''

• 3 months later...

That's a disappointing decision from the Council. It needs to save every penny it can. If it continues to dip into the reserve fund there will be no reserve fund for future generations.

I also think a skateboarding area at the Knab is wrong. Ideally it would be at the centre of town next to other sporting activities at the Clickimin. It would be a bonus having it next to the new school. Alternatively there's a horrible bit of wasteland opposite Isleburgh.

It shouldn't be put out away from the centre of town next to a graveyard. The Knab is a lovely area of Lerwick and it should be maintained as it is. Not destroyed by tonnes of cement and tar!