Police Disappointed

Colin

[meglomaniac mode] When I become President of Shetland we will have these installed every 50 metres on all roads, wired to fixed speed cameras which trips out the next set ahead of the vehicle to rise when it is detected doing 0.1 mph over the posted limit.

The accident recovery businesses and bodyshops will do booming business, so I'll levy at least 50% income tax on them, it'll be a goldmine and speeding "problem" solved. :twisted:

[/meglomaniac mode] :wink:

min , al vote for dee if doo can see dee wye ta pittin sharp points on yun things , grett spree

from my own perspective , my bairns have grown up in a narrow street with cars parked tightly on both sides in a not so good area in edinburgh, the neds often roring up n down the street at speeds which are over 40mph, but they have been brought up with wise enough heads thankfully, even within 100 meters theres a busy dual carriageway/main route to cross getting to that foul mcdonalds which they attend way too much, and outside thier old school theres a "rat run". All 3 will have had close calls am sure but i do sincerely believe well brought up sensible bairns have less to fear , but of course its not just the bairns , its the spoilt bairns that grow into obnoxious drivers

[meglomaniac mode] When I become President of Shetland we will have these installed every 50 metres on all roads, wired to fixed speed cameras which trips out the next set ahead of the vehicle to rise when it is detected doing 0.1 mph over the posted limit.

The accident recovery businesses and bodyshops will do booming business, so I'll levy at least 50% income tax on them, it'll be a goldmine and speeding "problem" solved. :twisted:

[/meglomaniac mode] :wink:

brilliant!

It surley is pathetic that the police have to do this. I dont understand why the 20 zones went up in the first place?! Has there been Countlless accidents outside our schools...? no. maybe 5-10...? no again. hmmm.

The Scottish government were of the opinion that lowered speed limits would cut road casualities

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2003/09/4192

Twenty mph zones have been very effective in reducing the number of accidents and the severity of casualties. Research shows that injury accidents have fallen by 60%, child pedestrian accidents by 70% and child cyclist accidents by 48% in areas where 20 mph zones and traffic calming measures have been introduced.

It surley is pathetic that the police have to do this. I dont understand why the 20 zones went up in the first place?! Has there been Countlless accidents outside our schools...? no. maybe 5-10...? no again. hmmm.

Exactly and the reason they all went up is because we live in a nanny state.... :evil:

If you stop and think about it is there any part of our lives where we're not dictated to and told what we should be thinking, saying and doing?.

And woe betide you if you go against it......