unwanted anderson brochures

kittybee

I am a Scalloway mum with a child in S.1 at scalloway school. Yesterday morning, I recieved an anderson high school brochure in the post. Why was I sent this brochure? My child, along with many others i know will certainly not be attending the anderson at any point in the near future! I did not request it, and i certainly have no intention of reading past the front cover.

It is a terrible waste of money to be sending out these brochures to folk who dont want them. I thought the council was trying to save money......

well my brochure will be returned in the same envelope marked return to sender! I realise this will cost the council yet more money, but then at least the brochure will be recycled, and hopefully given to someone who actually wants to read it.

GO GREEN - RECYCLE ALL UNWANTED BROCHURES BY RETURNING THEM TO SENDERS!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kitty

We also received the brochure, it was a glossy 50 page production, and as parents of a S4 pupil at Scalloway are gobsmacked at the potential cost of such an exercise.

How much has it cost to produce such a document, send it to all the parents of the Anderson and have enough left over to send them out to the parents of Scalloway pupils as well?

Maybe the same folk who are telling us the need to save money mean the loss of Scalloway Secondary school should look to savings to be made in other areas first!

By the way who funded the XL club excursion to New York and Unst as mentioned in the glossy A4 booklet.

My understanding is that this is where the disruptive pupils are sent.

Such a good way to encourage a child to knuckle down a get some work done,

Be a pain in the ass in class and dick around and get a free holiday to New York or work hard try your best and be one of the crowd.

Please feel free to have a go at my slightly historic attitude to modern teaching techniques and or any error I might have in my understanding.

we wondered the same. our daughter is in the AHS but there really is no need for coloured news letters. publish it on the net. and send plain old black paper notices. why also do they use the post whats wrong giving it to the pupil. who also spent hours doing the work on it its very well done so if pupils well done if staff well done but do something else.

Viblir

Glad to see that there are more parents who agree with this needless waste of money! I havent even looked at the brochure, so dont know about the trips to New York and unst, nor do I feel these trips are the issue here.

By the way who funded the XL club excursion to New York and Unst as mentioned in the glossy A4 booklet.

My understanding is that this is where the disruptive pupils are sent.

Such a good way to encourage a child to knuckle down a get some work done,

Be a pain in the ass in class and dick around and get a free holiday to New York or work hard try your best and be one of the crowd.

Please feel free to have a go at my slightly historic attitude to modern teaching techniques and or any error I might have in my understanding.

However yes, I think that you do need to word a bit more carefully what you said about the "disruptive" or "pain in the ass" kids....

The said kids may well have additional needs, whether they be social or educational ones, and it is not up to you or me to judge them or their circumstances without knowing the facts.

I think this is a separate issue, to start on a new thread?

Lets see more comments from parents and kids on this needless waste of money squandered on unwanted brochures!

This is serious!. There is a consultation taking place about the proposed closure of the Scalloway secondary department and no decision is meant to have been reached on that issue so who is sending this brochure to Scalloway parents?. Surely not the same person that put contractors on site at the AHS before the final go ahead for a new school there?.

Well what next!

Will the new Lerwick school (the new wonder of the world ) have there own 24 hour news channel.

I mean they will have to train up a lot of pupils in media studies to work in the second new wonder of the world the Mareel.

And will there be more cruse ships with lots of visitors to see the new wonder of the world when it is built. O! will they be able to see both new world wonders from the space station?

Now that the council has there own aeroplanes. Why are they not wasting even more money on buying

One of the old space shuttles. Then they could have there own space program at the new Lerwick School. Just one more pointless subject like media studies are. Why not just call the new school a university. Then all the students can spend most of there time in the pub, (Oops I meant the Mareel there). And of course all the councillors have got there own children through the old system first before buggering it up for everyone else who still have there kids of school age.

They are just moving every other pupil over the age of 13 to Lerwick just to justify, The reason for the building the new school in the first place. The idea that any of the current councillors have any idea on saving money is ridiculous. There past record is proof of that

We have a child at Scalloway secondary, currently no children at AHS, so we were also taken aback to receive this large glossy brochure.

However, we would welcome information on the AHS, e.g:

How many pupils drop out from AHS in 5th year and in 6th year, and how does this compare with statistics from Brae Junior High School and Scottish mainland schools?

Has the AHS undertaken any recent surveys of pupil or parent satisfaction?

We are NOT looking for glossy PR exercises.

the boolet a bit big to be called a news letter is just the AHS normal newsletter. its not been made for the scalloway school. we have had 4 in the last two years. i do think its poor to advertise anderson to the parents of the scalloway school. lets just hope they are being thick and that they are not up to dirty tricks.

where did the AHS get the details and adresses of scalloway school pupils as far as im aware these details are confidendencial?

Interesting point.

Lots of people complain that government services don't work well cause they don't communicate. Which is worse?

Guest posiedon
where did the AHS get the details and adresses (sic) of scalloway (sic) school pupils as far as im (sic) aware these details are confidendencial? (sic)
FFS! Are you being serious? Before you make a post extolling the virtues of good education, at least get your own spelling and grammar in order.

Did you attend Scalloway school? If so; not a very good advert I would say.

I am against closing Scalloway secondary school.