Back seat drivers

momo

I was told by my instructor that if someone is doing that stop the car and say "get out" Don't warn them and it will take them by surprise.

If they don't shut up buy a fisher price steering wheel and hand it to them when you get in the car.

Get some old keys on a key ring. Next time he kicks off, after some small response form yourself pick a suitable place: Jam on the brakes, pull the keys out, swap them for the fake ones (carefully) and in a faux-tantrum sling the fakes far into a field/over a pier/off a bridge/down a drain and hit him with a "had enough" tirade . "If you won't let me drive without interfering then neither of us will".

:)

Let us know how you get on. Take photos or video of his response if possible. :thmbsup

All good suggestions, don’t think I will have the nerve to try them but can quietly think about them during the 'go, wait, watch that car/cyclist/pedestrian, stop, go, take them now' commands. The Fisher Price steering wheel is awfully tempting though. Love Njugle's idea. Do you think back seat driving is cureable? Is there counciling available for the victims? :D

The back seat driver? No, its a man and he is a little large for me to lift on the the roof rack even if I had one!

This is a common mistake. My experience is that when someone has been driving poorly for instance they have looked like a man, but are probably a woman dressed as a man :wink: