Shetland life most unhealthy?

Dagfinn

Apropos "Food horror stories"

According to TV documentaries, people in Scotland are the most unhealthy people in Europe, poor diet being one of the factors; does this apply to the Scottish Council of Shetland as well?

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/TechandScience/Story/STIStory_538835.html

I haven't been to Shetland since 2000, but I was in Glasgow in 2007 (I think it was) and I noticed how many overweight people there were, definately more on average than in Scandinavia.

mm they got there data from a doctors. so obese will be defined by the persons bmi about 10% above normal. now if those folks have a lot of muscle then they will weigh more but not be fat. bring a rural practice a lot are going to be hard manual workers.

now there are very fat people out there im one of them but i suspect that a little bit of fat on your bones up here is a survial traite.

mm they got there data from a doctors. so obese will be defined by the persons bmi about 10% above normal. now if those folks have a lot of muscle then they will weigh more but not be fat. bring a rural practice a lot are going to be hard manual workers.

now there are very fat people out there im one of them but i suspect that a little bit of fat on your bones up here is a survial traite.

doctors/nurses take in factor about your body shape so a really muscly person would not be considered as fat or obese. plus there is tests that can work out your body fat by taking a pinch of skin about 2 inches and measuring how much of a distance is between the pinched bit of skin.

being fat up here is hardly a survival trait (you hardly need to be fat to stand the cold weather up here unless you walk naked everywhere. we all wear clothes to keep ourselves warm when we are cold) it just proves that people either choose not to eat healthy or normal portion sizes or both. a good majority of the population up here is obese which is beyond a joke. i personally think its disgusting how people let themselves get that big without thinking, "oh crap im kinda large i better do something about it"