Nuclear Bunkers

trout

Colin we are all being watched in one way or another ,friends,neighbours ect but it is those that I do not know,that  would wish to bring harm to us that have to be supervised and prevented from commiting there evil deeds .

So there is nothing stupid about my comments .Sounds like you have something to hide.

I think the ROC should be reinstated and instead of monitoring aircraft and checking for radiation should be monitoring Airports,Bus stations.Railways in fact any public place for terrorists,thiefs,drug dealers,illegal immigrants ect. 

They could be moving about collecting information in plain cloths,provideing very important and useful information to the appropriate authorities,helping to keep us all safe.

You're trolling, right?

If not, be careful you don't cut yourself on the sharp edges of your tinfoil hat when you raise it to peep out underneath it.

Anyone who is law abideing should have nothing to fear from a little "snooping" especially if its main purpose is protection from those in society who think otherwise. 

Nope, nothing to fear whatsoever, unless the complete loss of their right to privacy.

Personally, I never asked for "society's" protection, and I certainly didn't give it permission to "protect" me, so I'm going to be holding on to as much of my privacy as I possible can for as long as I can, and "society" can go take  arunning jump. In my experience "society" is what folk are in most need of "protection" from, and as for "protection from those in society who think otherwise", yeah, there's always been a few, but how many so called are simply whipping boys, and how many more are just a convenient bogeyman.

Colin we are all being watched in one way or another ,friends,neighbours ect but it is those that I do not know,that  would wish to bring harm to us that have to be supervised and prevented from commiting there evil deeds .

So there is nothing stupid about my comments .Sounds like you have something to hide.

Sounds like you need to read 1984 for starters then, when you get it finished, study some history.

The last thing we want (or need) is to become a nation of "snoopers"

You might also want to consider the fact that some of us would rather "die on our feet" before we have to "live on our knees".

If you seriously want to try and negate the effects of home-grown terrorism, then re-arm the population.  Sure, there will be some collateral damage but, as I said, die on you feet or, live on your knees..

Example;

Would he killer of Lee Rigby have been allowed to hack the guy to pieces if the bystanders(?)(or Rigby) had been armed?  Would he have even tried?

Like the so called "war on drugs", the only real way to defeat terrorism is to take the "profit" out of it.

Ghostrider we have no privacy,everytime the bank card,mobile phone ect is used we can be traced. 

The ones i worrry about are those who cannot.

The world has got a number of human parasites and there ambition is destruction.

If giving up a little of my privacy helps identify those evil ******** and saves me and others being blown to smidderreens that has to be good.

No one wants all this security at airports and ferries ect but where would we be without it.

And Colin sitting reading history books is unlikely to help,when one has only to switch on the tv and see the evil that is happening all arround us today. We cannot prevent what happened yesterday but we might prevent what happens in the future . 

Prevention is better than cure.

Unfortunately we need to know who everyone is and what they are up to these days simply to provide public protection.

No point waiting until they are running down the streets with their rifles, to late then.

Urabug.  You are either a deliberate troll or, just another sheep.. 

1st off, because I hold a different viewpoint, you accuse me of "having something to hide".. Pathetic.

2nd, you appear to be willing to sacrifice what little freedom we have left to be 'safe'.  Grow some balls and accept a little responsibility for your own safety.

3rd, reading a little history might show you the methods used by various governments to subjugate the population.

4th.  I, and others, are not blind(?) to what is going on all around us but, for myself anyway, I do not walk in fear of being attacked by anyone because I know that I will retaliate to the best of my ability and, if someone gets hurt(?), then so be it..

I just don't know why you think that the collective (royal) "we" need to know where everyone is and the "public protection" is really a very bad joke played in order to gain a little obedience. 

You just can't stop a "nutter" by spying on everyone..  You have to be "on the spot" to do that.

As for giving up a little of your privacy..  What privacy do you have to give up..  You already claimed that "we have no privacy"..I wonder if that is down to people like yourself who are willing to accept every dictat that "the establishment" comes out with because "it's for your own good"?

Continually chipping away at the few freedoms(?) we have left will not make the "bad guys" go away.  It just protects those at the "top of the pile"

"Ghostrider we have no privacy,everytime the bank card,mobile phone ect is used we can be traced."

Don't use them then.

Do you really think anyone smart enough to get up to no good and do it successfully, really is as dumb and leave such a trail behind them.

"The world has got a number of human parasites and there ambition is destruction."

Always has, always will, 'tis human nature. Its just those trying to con us in to believing they're "doing it for our own good" who've manipulated the fact to the point that those gullible enough to swallow it are all going around jumping at their own shadow.

"If giving up a little of my privacy helps identify those evil ******** and saves me and others being blown to smidderreens that has to be good."

It won't, it just makes you another statistic on a government chart and much more easily manipulated in any whichever way they want you. Their competence in preventing anyone from being harmed is miniscule in comparison to those who are harmed by that which they knew nothing before it occured. Its all smoke and mirrors PR to con folk in to believing they're having an effect and taking control of the situation, when in reality they're running to stand still with whats coming in out of leftfield at them.

"No one wants all this security at airports and ferries ect but where would we be without it."

Then stay where you are, like some of us do. Or, organise your own transport, anyone about to get up to no good who has an ounce of common sense would.

Oh, and "where would we be without it". Well, IMHO, pretty much exactly where we are right now, the "security" has everything to do with "reassuring" the gullible and lulling them in to a false sense of security, and damn all of much to do with detecting anyone hell bent on destruction and carnage.

"....one has only to switch on the tv and see the evil that is happening all arround us today."

I think you've missed out "allegedly" between "is" and "happening". Since when have media outlets been synonymous with fact, accuracy and truth?

That said, what is so different about "the evil that is happening all around us today" to the evil that has happened all around us since history began? I'm getting to be a bit of an old bar steward now, and can remember getting close on for the last 50 years, and compared to whats passed during that time, now seems pretty much situation normal to me.

"Prevention is better than cure."

Unless its worse than the complaint.

"Unfortunately we need to know who everyone is and what they are up to these days simply to provide public protection."

So knowing that the gentleman running full pelt down the High Street is called Mr Smith, and he's doing so as he's got diarrhoea and is trying to get to a crapper before he has an embarrassing accident, or the lady walking along Main Street is called Miss Jones, and she's on her way to the pub, where she intends to get as rat assed as possible, is somehow supposed to "protect" the public from.....something. Sounds more like a curtain twitcher's heaven to me, where everybody has carte blanche to stick their noses in to what is none of their business for fake and trumped up excuses.

Lets face it, the only people who are going to get caught, even with the best will in the world, while still in the planning stages of getting up to no good are the amateurs, incompetents and wannabes who are going at it like dumbasses and half-cocked, fanatics are virtually unstoppable.

"No point waiting until they are running down the streets with their rifles, to late then".

Remind me again, who is this "they" of whom you speak, who are going to be doing the rifle waving. I may consider joining them. Never mind chasing ghosts and bogeymen, what this country has been missing for too long is some kind of revolution.

Edited by Ghostrider

Ghostrider we have no privacy,everytime the bank card,mobile phone ect is used we can be traced. 

The ones i worrry about are those who cannot.

The world has got a number of human parasites and there ambition is destruction.

If giving up a little of my privacy helps identify those evil ******** and saves me and others being blown to smidderreens that has to be good.

No one wants all this security at airports and ferries ect but where would we be without it.

And Colin sitting reading history books is unlikely to help,when one has only to switch on the tv and see the evil that is happening all arround us today. We cannot prevent what happened yesterday but we might prevent what happens in the future . 

Prevention is better than cure.

Unfortunately we need to know who everyone is and what they are up to these days simply to provide public protection.

No point waiting until they are running down the streets with their rifles, to late then.

Are you SERIOUSLY that naive and ignorant?  Tell you what, wait until you're accused of something and you're innocent, and then see how YOU feel because the goody two shoes social engineering police, amongst others, 'thought', based upon nosey neighbours and people with nothing better to do, come knocking on YOUR door.

Well I'm not going to let a few derogatory comments bother me.

The Observer Corps later named Royal Observer Corps provided an invaluable service during the war useing there eyes and ears,looking for and listening for aircraft friend or foe and passing on the information as required.

Now aircraft had to maintain radio silence to try and conceal there location,radar was still being devoloped so the ROC provided a very important service,just useing there eyes and ears.

Not everyone agrees but a national neighbour watch operated along the lines of the ROC useing eyes and ears, would certainly help to keep Britain safe.

Security is costing this country millions and a voluntary service to assist the existing security services surely would be no bad thing.

Reinstate the ROC, yes doing a very different job but it is observation that is required to prevent a wide range of misdemeanors from terrorism,drug dealing ,child abuse ect ect.

Shetland plays a very important part in Britains economy,so i believe we are just as big a target  as anywhere else.

Just to finish off I think the Sumburgh,Voe and walls bunkers should survive for a little while yet but who knows,and incidentally I was in them all when operational,all but never bothered to find out much about them till now .       

"Not everyone agrees but a national neighbour watch operated along the lines of the ROC useing eyes and ears, would certainly help to keep Britain safe."

As far as I can see, very few agree. Do you really want to live in a community, where you feel you are being watched all the time by nosy, interfering neighbours, and run the risk of being accused of something your innocent of ? Because that will be the outcome. One of my neighbours was raided for drugs, with their door smashed in, handcuffed on the couch and their property searched. When nothing was found the police asked if they new of anyone who might have a grudge against them.

Upsetting and degrading and as their house was raided the rumour mongers now gossip that they must have been something in it. So tarred for life.

Your idea will result in little success, but will tie up the authorities in tittle tattle, hearsay and gossip. lets leave it to the professionals, not interfering amateurs who love to curtain twitch.

The ROC as I understand had volunteers from many professions and were trained and to do a particular job,probably similiar to the TA in a sort of way and definately sworn to secrecy. They were proficient in what they did and took it seriously ,few people probably appreciated what they did. 

I certainly would not expect any Tom,Dick or Harry, and lets not forget the females to be involved without proper training and the necessary credentials.Plenty of professional folk who would probably take up the challenge.

What I have in mind would be operated in a similiar fashion.

With the situation throughout  the world as it is at the moment can we just sit back and be complacent and assume all will be well.  

Better to shut the door before the horse bolts.

Well I'm not going to let a few derogatory comments bother me.

That's fine, you live in your own little bubble swallowing hook line and sinker every word of the bull the man feeds you, if that makes you feel safe and happy.

Some of us however are already quite happy to accept that no-one is, or will be keeping us safe unless we do it for ourselves.