Addiction Website

Kavi Ugl

Hello to one and all.

This is a website that I've known about for just over a year now:

http://overcount.myfastforum.org/index.php

It is a website that was set up by the owner and runner of it Dave Greave .

It deals with the hidden problem of painkiller addiction and in particular the many brands that you can buy "over the counter"(OTC) at many chemists.

Did you know that many of these products contain opiates and are highly addictive?. And did you know that their withdrawl symptoms are the same as a class A drug?. There is a hidden endemic of addiction to these OTC products which is ruining many lives with many people trapped in a vicious circle of addiction and suffering.

If you have a problem with an addiction to one of these OTC painkillers Dave can prescribe you a withdrawl programme which is free.

I hope this will be of help to someone or if you know someone who is struggling with an addiction to one of these products please pass this on to them.

For further reading:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322994/Codeine-painkillers-unsafe-addictive-ineffective-warn-experts.html

Great stuff thank you for that, I myself was addicted to a perscription med containing these ingredients without even knowing it ..until that is I ran out, figured I would just go without as it was the weekend and then pick some up on monday from the doctors. Well what a weekend I was in for! I actually thought I was going to die , if youve heard of restless leg syndrome? well its like having that but instead its restless body syndrome..just awful, aches , sickness the whole shebang. Did anyone even bother to tell me this could happen , ...nope? best part of it was I was just out of hospital after having a baby. Very bright giving a new mother highly addictive zombifying meds.

Yes, I have posted this because I am speaking fom experience and felt that I was now able to post about it.

I had to undergo a 6 week withdrawl programme to get me off Solpadeine Dissolvable after a 6 year addiction. It hooks you at first by replacing that ache or pain with a high but what you don't realise is that you are becoming dependant on it for every ache and pain. Then you come to a point where you are consuming so much of it that it is affecting your health, and apparently one of the side efects of these products is depression. It also destroys your sleep and can result in insomnia. As I mentioned it is just a vicious circle of pain and addiction.

The restless legs you had are one of the main withdrawl/craving symptoms and as you'll know the words "restless legs" doesn't do it justice.

I can testify to the fact that coming off one of these products is "hell"(and I don't say that lightly). With such symptoms as migraines, restless legs/body(usually at night), upset stomach/diohrea, sweating, extremely poor sleep and overall you feel absolutely terrible. This is because your body is screaming for it's "fix".

If anybody would like more information or to talk in private feel free to pm me.